Beardie Newbie with 2 dragons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
c0349eec-6df1-4a70-b271-a5b333df6e90_zpsaf88305d.jpg

Kang is our new 4yo male rescue. Any guesses on type? Hes dark gray and black with yellow eyes. He was a bit lethargic and clumsy when we first brought him home but after a few crickets, a fresh salad, and a nice bath he perked right up and seems to be doing great now. This guy has lots of energy! His former family had lost interest and had been neglecting him. They were happy to see him go to a new home.

2d2ac801-6685-4b5f-9f72-b982a00b23df_zps9ee510ab.jpg

This is Kodos our first beardie. Hes about 7wks in the picture and is now 9wks old. He absolutely stole my heart. Loves basking in his pool on nice warm days. Typical baby that doesnt like to eat his veggies but watch out crickets! His favourite spot to hang out is on the back of my neck under my hair. Little guy is lucky I love him cuz it tickles like crazy.

Gail

BD.org Addict
Welcome:) Kang is a normal or wild type dragon. He is lovely, I looked for a nice grey for over a year before giving up.

KangAndKodos

Original Poster
I thought the little guy was a normal? Does that mean he'll get gray too? He has lots of orange in his cheeks, but is mostly greenish brown. The breeder we got our babe from has lots of gray babies. Some amazing red and black silkbacks too. Gah im a sucker for the pretty ones.

Spikeshuman

Juvie Member
Some boring brownish-grey babies turn into the prettiest orange and red dragons.. and some babies like my spike who was a bright orange and tan baby.. mellowed out into a mostly tanish- brown dragon with an orange beard and cheeks. It really all depends on what their parents looked like. Baby colors aren't always the best way to guess how they will look full grown.

Gail

BD.org Addict
Normals come in a wide range of duller colors but I wouldn't call your baby a normal. He looks to be a yellow or orange morph.

KangAndKodos

Original Poster
Gail":2fxyf7om said:
Normals come in a wide range of duller colors but I wouldn't call your baby a normal. He looks to be a yellow or orange morph.
Well he was in a bin of babies labeled normal-orange. He has some orange on his cheeks and I think his spots might get an orange tinge to them too. It's hard to see in the picture but he's mostly green and tan but does have some orange bits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom