Beardie laying eggs HELP!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedBeard11

My Contessa just layed 8 perfectly beautiful eggs. She now appears to be sleeping. She has not come out of the hole or tried to cover the eggs. I moved her out of the hole and put the 8 eggs in the incubator. Is she finished? Last time she laid 20. Is she just tired? Is she sick? Should I take her out? HELP!!!
THANKS

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
Most likely she is resting between laying. Just leave her in there with the eggs until you know she is done, then bathe her and return to her viv as normal.
Janie.

RedBeard11

Original Poster
The problem is I don't know if she's finished. I took her out and bathed her before I read your reply. She is back in her viv. She at 4 superworms dusted with calcium, she is basking right now. Should I put her back in the laying box?

citrusdragon

Sub-Adult Member
We leave ours in the laybox until they start the "backfill and recompaction" process. Sometimes they pass out, and wake up to lay more. We've had one drop a last egg on the sand in the viv, after we supposed she was finished. I would keep her in the laybox until you know for sure she's done.

Jeff

RedBeard11

Original Poster
Well, we got 8. I keep putting her back in the lay box but she just doesn't seem interested. I will keep trying because her belly still looks a bit full. Its so strange because last time she laid 20, came out and covered them up. She did it by the book. LOL I'm just concerned for her health.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom