Beardie isn't very fond of new beardie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SevzLight

I just purchased a juvie beardie today and my current beardie copper CLEARLY doesn't like him haha. They are housed in seperate tanks but for the past half hour he's been going bonkers head bobbing, black bearding you name it. It's kind of hilarious but I want it to end at a certain point. Any ideas? They have to be in the same room, but they are in different tanks.

Cuda

Gray-bearded Member
Retired Moderator
You should try to arrange things so that they can't see each other. Maybe cover one side of the enclosure if need be. Stress isn't a good thing.

SevzLight

Original Poster
Do you know if it will eventually get better? Or if I leave it uncovered will it always be an unhappy dragon blackbearding? I can't return the new one so I would really need to know lol.

luigismom

It sounds like you have two male beardies then. Unfortunately I think it's in their nature that they will always see each other as competition and will remain aggressive towards each other. As others have suggested, it's best that they don't see each other from their separate enclosures.

I'd put the tanks side by side (that way any extra heat distribution stays around the two tanks), and put a piece of cardboard or black construction paper between the two tanks. I dunno if it's just my girl being silly but I did something like that when I moved her to a viv that was ground level versus her old high up one, and just so she didnt stress i threw some paper on the viv doors, but white really freaked her out. I mean she went ballistic when I put up some white paper, so I threw up some black paper instead and she calmed right down. Just a little input :p Hope that helps

Megalania

If he gets worked up enough he may charge the glass at full speed,and the impacts may cause injuries.I have 1 male that will do this to his own reflection.One time he hit the front of a National Geographic tank so hard he knocked the 2 swinging glass doors open and landed on the floor in front of the tank.A Beardie over 600 grams or so can build up a lot of kinetic energy in a very short distance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip
Top Bottom