Beardie is small for his age

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finleythebeardie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I also want to ask if his heating is ok. I just took his temperatures and I’m like 98% sure that his tank is being heated right but since I’m fairly new with beardies I’m not 100%. His temperature on his actual basking spot was 101, but the general temperature in the hot side of his tank was around 95. His cool side temperature was 79.8 so very close to 80 which I was told was a good temperature for that side. I’m sorry if my questions are annoying I just saw many different people saying different things when I tried to look it up and I wanted someone on here’s opinion

Finleythebeardie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I have put up a structure under his light that gets him up around 7inches away from the light and he really likes it up there so I think he’ll be getting enough uvb now! Also he was very small when I got him at two months old, the old owner didn’t plan on having these babies so maybe they didn’t have the proper set up for him when he was little that aids in him being smaller than normal but he is catching up quickly

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yes w/ the proper lighting and feeding him more he should grow good-- and you have done all that-- how's the pooping going--? Has it gotten better formed?
Karrie

Finleythebeardie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
He hasn’t gone since I last updated that post but he just ate a bunch today so he should go soon if not, he needs a bath anyways so I’ll try to give him a bath to see if it helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom