Beardie is sick and I don’t know what to do

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
We were not given a diagnosis
That's unfortunate. It would be wild in the human world for a doctor to just give you a random medicine without finding out what is actually wrong. Unfortunately, that happens too often in the reptile world.

The vet probably suspected parasites, was a fecal test done at least?

The pictures I asked for up above will really help me and the other posters better offer help.

How old is Nutmeg? I'm assuming she is still young based on your comment about her needing to grow more. If so, she should be getting live insects more often then every two days. Ideally, a growing dragon should get insects daily alongside a salad.

What have her recent poo's been like? well formed? Loose? Liquidy?

-Brandon

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Can you post some pictures of Nutmeg?
I agree, sometimes medication is given prematurely. I agree with Brandon as the vet most likely
thought it would be parasites because of blood in the stool.
If they haven't done a fecal then it's hard to know exactly what the issue is or how to treat a problem.
Using the wrong medication in some cases can be very hard on them & cause more harm than good.

Tracie

10isntA#

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Nutmeg
That's unfortunate. It would be wild in the human world for a doctor to just give you a random medicine without finding out what is actually wrong. Unfortunately, that happens too often in the reptile world.

The vet probably suspected parasites, was a fecal test done at least?

The pictures I asked for up above will really help me and the other posters better offer help.

How old is Nutmeg? I'm assuming she is still young based on your comment about her needing to grow more. If so, she should be getting live insects more often then every two days. Ideally, a growing dragon should get insects daily alongside a salad.

What have her recent poo's been like? well formed? Loose? Liquidy?

-Brandon
I can post photos tommorrow as her light is out. Nutmeg is about three years old. The vet had told us that she had no longer needed to eat insects daily any longer, so I don’t know if they were right or not. Her feces are pretty small, mainly containing that white stuff (I think it’s called urate).

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If she is three, then a few dubias a few times a week along with a fresh salad daily is the proper diet for her.

Has she been losing weight? what is her current weight? Pictures will help us a lot so once you are able to get them, we will better be able to help you.

-Brandon

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julielps
Top Bottom