Beardie is Ramming My Door!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HylianHealeys

Juvie Member
My female, Nabooru, came out of brumation ~1 month ago. (FINALLY!) Since then she's been happy and active and hungry. She loves to run around our living room with her tail sticking straight up in the air. :lol:

But lately she's been ramming our front door with her nose. We'll see her running toward the door, and then there's a fairly loud knocking sound as she hits. She only does this a few times, but it happens whenever we take her out. To check if she was trying to go outside we opened the door once, but she ran into the next room. Fortunately the ramming doesn't seem to be hurting her — her nose looks fine.

Any of your beardies ever done this? Possible explanations?

Gail

BD.org Addict
Is it a glass door? If so then she probably just though she could run right through it. If its solid, who knows what she is thinking? You can try putting a blanket or towel along the bottom so she doesn't hit so hard.

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
One of my females does something similar, when she is roaming the house, sometimes she will run into the wall. She'll stand there for a second before redirecting herself. Maybe they just don't realize something is in front of them all the time, or she can't see the color very well. She only does it in the one spot too, right by the stairs. Who knows!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Both of my guys used to run into doors and walls. Not hard enough to hurt themselves but it seemed like they had a hard time with depth perception sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom