Beardie Having Seizures

Status
Not open for further replies.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's great that she hasn't had any seizures today & that you got some food in her & also a large poo. So, the smell was REAL bad?

I guess what you mentioned about the Repti-Sun and Repti-Glo wasn't clear enough last night. I understood the seizures to have started after you put the Repti-Sun in there, not when you were still using the Repti-Glo. Some neurological symptoms have started after shutting off a coil/compact bulb and then turning on the Repti-Sun 10.0 fluorescent. I'm glad it's all clear now and that she had a better day. :p How is she acting tonight?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

GREAT news to hear that she is doing better today. :D So did she eat very much today? Were you able to get some oral fluids into her then? Good to hear you did get some squash & calcium into her, did she like it?
How does she seem to like the Reptisun 10 then? How long did you keep it on her for?
I hope that she doesn't have anymore seizures then, please keep us posted!

Tracie

Kazul

Original Poster
No seizures at all today, and she is very happy to have Mommy to snuggle with at bedtime again (she's snuggled right underneath my chin right now). We managed to get about 2 teaspoons of squash in her as she didn't seem very happy to eat it, but she licked the liquid calcium right up! She drinks from her water dish now when she thinks we aren't looking. :roll:

The Repti-Sun didn't bother her or set off any seizures like we were afraid it would and we had it on her for about 5 hrs today. She's acting very much like her normal self (trying to explore and trying to get out of the way of her mistings LOL).

We got some turkey baby food for her to try tomorrow and if she's more open to eating that we're thinking about starting her back up on a few small crix on Fri. We're also going to be getting hornworms for her to get her weight back up but we have to wait until Monday for them to get shipped since we ordered a little too late.

We're almost positive we have her in the clear again, but we're still gonna take it easy the next few days. Thank you guys so much for the help! This site and the suggestions you've offered in the past hasmade Squirrel's recovery so much quicker and easier!

As soon as we have her on crix again and as soon as she's done shedding, I'll be posting pictures of her!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great Squirrel is doing so much better now & is not having any seizures now.
Yeah they usually like the liquid calcium so at least she took that willingly with no problems. She doesn't like the squash though?
Good, so you had her under the Reptisun 10 for 5 hours today then? Great. She should be able to handle full days by next week then, with no problems.
That is fine, just start back slowly with the protein & she will be able to process it much better with better lighting & calcium absorption as well.
It sounds like she is on the road to recovery now. Let us know how things are going! :blob5:

Tracie

Kazul

Original Poster
A bit of a bummer today. We got Squirrel to eat her baby food earlier today but right after we introduced her back to crickets and she ate, she ended up having seizures again. Austin says since she didn't gape during these that that means they're getting better and that she still has some muscle control and she will continue to have them until her system evens itself out. Thankfully, we heard there's an awesome herp vet in town not 15 minutes away if we absolutely need to take her to in.

I want to give her time for her body to heal, but I also want to take her to the herp vet if something might be wrong. How long should I give her for her body to adjust and heal?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Well, that does happen. Things do take some time for the calcium levels to go up & stay up. You are giving liquid calcium, correct, or powdered?
It sounds like though, the seizure was not as bad as the others have been in the past, so, that is at least improvement in that department. I would say at least within 1 month, she should not be having anymore seizures at all. Though, all dragons are different. It really depends on how low the levels were to begin with as well.
I would say that within 3-4 months, she should be back to normal. Please keep us posted on her recovery.

Tracie

Kazul

Original Poster
Yes, we have been giving her liquid calcium. And of course I'll keep you all informed. You all here have helped me out so much, aside from this incident, you have helped me with her cage setups and everything. I don't know how I can thank you guys enough!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Great you are using the liquid calcium. He should be starting to do much better here shortly. How much of the liquid calcium are you giving?
I am happy he is doing pretty well. Definitely keep us updated, & I am glad that we could help you all out so much.
Let us know if you have any further questions or concerns. :D

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom