beardie has extremely low appetite, not brumating

Status
Not open for further replies.

momohobobobo

Hatchling Member
My 14" beardie hasn't been eating well for the past week or so. I've had this problem with him before but not to this extent. He currently is only eating like maybe 4 crickets a day and a little salad. His temps and UVB are all good, i always make sure. I was wondering if there is anything i can do to help his appetite, he is losing a lot of weight it seems. I've heard of using bee pollen as a natural appetite stimulant. I was wondering if anyone can back that? and if it does where can i get it. I've been interested in using it in my dubia food also for better nutrition also. If anyone has any other suggestions as well that'd be great. Thanks

Livey

Extreme Poster
how old is he?
I dident no bee pollen was an appetite enhancer?

He might just be going through a faze, mine did this not too long ago,
is his behaviour normal?

momohobobobo

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
im not completely sure on the age, he's a pet store beardie. (i didnt know better back then). I'd guess he's about 6-7 months though by his features and behavior. He just barely became able to turn his beard black and bob his head. And yeah his behavior is normal. His poop is small but i assume its probably because he wont eat as much. still goes everyday though and looks alright for the most part. It does seem to have i little more juice to it sometimes though i guess. Its just really frustrating because he's losing a noticeable amount of weight.

momohobobobo

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
im not completely sure on the age, he's a pet store beardie. (i didnt know better back then). I'd guess he's about 6-7 months though by his features and behavior. He just barely became able to turn his beard black and bob his head. And yeah his behavior is normal. His poop is small but i assume its probably because he wont eat as much. still goes everyday though and looks alright for the most part. It does seem to have i little more juice to it sometimes though i guess. Its just really frustrating because he's losing a noticeable amount of weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kay.marie
Top Bottom