Beardie getting Tanned??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno but something tells me I should ask you guyz this but i think my beardie's color changed to tanner.. Whether it may be the basking light or I don't know... asusre me plz... O hyeah I don't have piccies at this moment so sorry :( :cry:

beardlover

Juvie Member
They can change colours depending on temperature and/or mood. How old is your beardie? Sometimes their colours can change as they grow and shed....

Lennifer

Juvie Member
I agree w/ the person above. Their colors can change for diff reasons. If the color looks more dull or not as bright as usual, he/she is probably about to shed soon.

~Sandy

dragonkhyber

Original Poster
Oh yeah maybe that! He's a pretty young one I don't know how many months tho... I decided to gave him a warm bath yesterday was it safe??

beardlover

Juvie Member
yes that is perfectly safe. It is a good idea to give your beardie a bath 2-3 times a week so that he can stay properly hydrated - luke warm water up to about his armpits for 15-20 minutes.
Regular baths also helps during the time he is shedding...

How long is he?

dragonkhyber

Original Poster
Getting beardies baths are helpful? Wow geesh I didn't know but thanks for advicing me so a complete week only twice a day... No wonder he is always thirsty... He's approximately 12 inches long... but he's still a baby.. i shoul get piccies immediately! What happens if he doesn't drink from a small dish bowl??

beardlover

Juvie Member
Most dragons don't really drink from a water dish. Some people don't like the idea of a water dish in the viv because it can raise the humidity (specially with the MVB). If you find yourself strapped for time and figure your little one could use a drink try misting the walls of his viv, they will sometimes drink the water droplets.

dragonkhyber

Original Poster
Oh wow didn't know that either thanks for telling me!!! :D ... but doesn't misting cause fungus and those bacterial problems?? :( Oh and besides their greens & bugs is there any specialized food for the beardies?

LJean

Extreme Poster
A variety of greens/veggies and bugs are best for them. They also need calcium and vitamin supplements. Good tank and basking temperatures and uvb lighting.

Keep an eye on the while bathing and don't put too much water in there. Up to their arm pits is usually good, unless your dragon likes a bit more. You want to make sure he doesn't drown.

dragonkhyber

Original Poster
ahhh i get it now. So is natural also if his skin lookes a lil burned too?? I mean maybe it is because of too much light. :( Wow... thanks a whole lot guyz!!

Alix1378

Hatchling Member
if your beardie gets too hot from a LIGHT he'll move. but if they are on a heat rock they cant sence heat from unter their bellys to good so they may get burnt before he knows it.

dragonkhyber

Original Poster
oh wow yeah i heard heat-rocks are a bad furniture for any reptile. So it is also normal for them to turn a lil dark skinned?? Thanks so much ALixir!! nice pic of Dino!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom