Beardie Fell!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I was cleaning my beardie a cage and basically my bearded dragon decided to JUMP out of her cage and onto the ground. I’m not sure the distance but he landed on my carpet. In the initial landing she wobbled a little bit (almost as if to gain balance?) and then she was completely fine. She’s been acting normal ever since and has a habit of jumping but I’m just worried about the fact that she wobbled a bit. Please help!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
She probably knocked the wind out of her self -- just keep an eye on her behavior and if she starts acting funny like not eating going lethargic etc.. stuff that is not normal then I would be concerned and get her into the vet
Karrie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

They all seem to want to try & fly. How is she doing now, is she walking normally I hope?
Just watch for signs of injury like limping or lethargic behavior. About how far of a jump
was it?
I would say that as long as her appetite remains good & her behavior doesn't change then
she is probably no worse for the wear.

Tracie

CrunchyBeardedBaby

Original Poster
Drache613":18waej81 said:
Hello,

They all seem to want to try & fly. How is she doing now, is she walking normally I hope?
Just watch for signs of injury like limping or lethargic behavior. About how far of a jump
was it?
I would say that as long as her appetite remains good & her behavior doesn't change then
she is probably no worse for the wear.

Tracie
Unfortunately my beardie seems to want to fly a LOT. Once again she jumped off my shoulder (today) and it was really hard too, and on to the ground, though this time it was on hard wood. I heard a noise when she fell Nd it just really freaks me out.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I always hang on to hiccup when walking from the room he is in to the lr- he sits on my shoulder but my hand is always on him--
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

Until your dragon gets older, and learns to not take those suicide jumps, it's probably best to not put her in a position where she can do that. Young dragons seem to not know their limits.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom