Beardie fell onto hard floor

Moxxie1122

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Moxxie
So I was giving my bearded dragon a bath and I bathe him in a tote with a lid on it (not latched and a small crack left open for air) because he'll jump out if I don't. Unfortunately this time I forgot to put the lid on and he jumped out. He seems fine and isn't acting hurt or anything but I was wondering if there's a way to check myself to make sure he didn't seriously injure himself? Lucky for me though he's known to be practically invincible.

Moxxie1122

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Moxxie
How far did he fall? And is he black bearding?
So sorry meant to include that in the original post! But he fell about three and a half feet. His beard was slightly grey when I picked him up but now he just has stress marks although that's how he usually is everytime he gets out of the bath

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Keep an eye on him for black bearding, the fall probably scared him so that would account for the gray beard and stress marks. Keep an eye out for breathing hard/wheezing, limping or swelling. If none of those then hopefully he is ok 👌 🙂

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Poor guy, falls like that onto a hard floor can be dangerous. Hopefully he will be alright. As already
suggested, watch for a change in appetite, black beard, lethargic behavior, tremors or blood in stool.
I hope none of that happens, so just keep an eye on him.
Be sure that he can't jump or fall from anything in his tank in case he might have some type of injury.

Tracie

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom