Beardie fell again

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like a horrible mom.... once again my beardie fell onto my kitchen floor (which is wood) and she made a *thwack* noise when she hit the ground. She seemed fine as walking fine didn’t black or anything and ate 4 crickets after. But I’m freaking out she broke a bone... someone help!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
If she continues to do this she will get hurt -- is she limping? Keep an eye on her behavior and see how she acts -- its good she was moving afterwards but she cant continue to keep jumping onto hard surfaces or she will hurt herself
Karrie

CrunchyBeardedBaby

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1ozjn3ez said:
If she continues to do this she will get hurt -- is she limping? Keep an eye on her behavior and see how she acts -- its good she was moving afterwards but she cant continue to keep jumping onto hard surfaces or she will hurt herself
Karrie
I completely agree. I don’t know how to make her stop jumping. Any ideas?

CrunchyBeardedBaby

Original Poster
KarrieRee":22z0ei0q said:
Karrie
Also no, she wasn’t limping as far as I could tell.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
How is it that she is jumping ? Is she in the LR on a chair -- are you cleaning the cage? Where ever you have her you either need to find a different place or put her somewhere she cant jump or jump not so far -- I have a chair that sits in front of my LR window that Hiccup will go to the seat and slide from the seat of that chair to the LR floor that has carpet - there is a drop but its not far and its on carpeting so he doesnt hurt him self but hitting hard flooring is not good -- there is a lady on here that if you read her post her dragon is not doing well --- its the post 1 week after beardie fell -- I guess you need to better watch her or put her some where that she cant jump so far and hurt herself
Karrie

CrunchyBeardedBaby

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2ptvtqz3 said:
How is it that she is jumping ? Is she in the LR on a chair -- are you cleaning the cage? Where ever you have her you either need to find a different place or put her somewhere she cant jump or jump not so far -- I have a chair that sits in front of my LR window that Hiccup will go to the seat and slide from the seat of that chair to the LR floor that has carpet - there is a drop but its not far and its on carpeting so he doesnt hurt him self but hitting hard flooring is not good -- there is a lady on here that if you read her post her dragon is not doing well --- its the post 1 week after beardie fell -- I guess you need to better watch her or put her some where that she cant jump so far and hurt herself
Karrie
Could you link the post your talking about?? And now I’m reslly freaking she’s gonna be really hurt :(

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
CrunchyBeardedBaby":20k9bipu said:
KarrieRee":20k9bipu said:
Karrie
I completely agree. I don’t know how to make her stop jumping. Any ideas?

You just need to stop giving her the opportunity. When you're out with her, sit with her low to the ground. Don't let her be riding around on your shoulder. Don't put her in a position where she could jump and hurt herself.

If she is moving around fine and not favoring any limbs over the others, she should be just fine. But I agree, if this continues it will likely eventually turn bad. Lets just count our luck so far :)

-Brandon

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am sorry your dragon fell or jumped onto hardwood again, I hope that she's going to be ok.
I completely concur with Brandon on this to avoid continuing this behavior. You will just have
to not put her up on anything high anymore. She is a daredevil for some reason so she's just
going to have to deal with not being up off of the floor very high.

Let us know how she is doing.
Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom