Beardie Fall

Status
Not open for further replies.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
So I had Jace out for close to an hour and was carrying him from my bedroom (where he ran to) to my living room where his viv is. He jumps midway there off (3-4ft drop) my arm and lands solidly on his back I quickly flip him over and he starts shaking like he is having a seizure. He's gaping and he's breathing and then he takes off and runs to my furnace (not on) and I get him out. He's sitting on my lap while I'm calling a friend from here in tears in hysterics. I hold some greens to his lips and he takes them willingly enough. My friend told my to keep him warm so I cuddled him to my with a blanket for a little and he starts crawling up me. He's now chilling in his basking spot and is moving around a little. Is there anything that I can do for him? I don't want to wake up tomorrow and find something terrible has happened because I didn't do all that I could. Also, I wasn't going to be here tonight - is it even safe to leave him for the night? and most of tomorrow morning (work). Please let me know what else I can do and if I should have any concerns or what for anything. So far he's stopped gaping, he's eaten a little, he was using his tail and all for legs well, and prior to the fall he had .5ml of water.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi,

Based on how he is acting now, I would say he is OK.

He has control of all his limbs right? Is breathing normal?

He likely just had the air knocked out of him from landing on his back, which is what caused the seemingly violent show directly after the fall.

-Brandon

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Ok, thanks, Brandon.

His breathing is normal and he was using all limbs to hug me when I tried to put him in his cage to warm up after the fall.

Should I stay home to keep an eye on him? It's 2:30pm where I live and I was going to be leaving at 6:45-ish. I don't want to go if there is any chance he might need me.

Sorry - I am a very paranoid/pessimistic mommy, especially with the week I have been having. Thanks for answering everything.

~Liz

Mistyck

Extreme Poster
If he's acting normal, isn't black bearding, has no stress marks, and isn't having a difficult time breathing, then more than likely, he's fine. Just got the snot knocked out of him, and got scared.

If you want to go out, go out. If you think you should stay in, then stay in. But if he's not stressing or in distress, then I'd say you're fine.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Thanks, Brandi. He had no stress marks, even during the shaking and he was bearding, but not black bearding. It was similar to when he was a baby and he was trying to beard. He's pancaked out on his basking spot.

thanks so much everyone, this makes me feel a lot better. I would have been fine with the drop, but it was the dropping onto his back and shaking that scared the bajeezus out of me.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Looks like we're all good. He spotted my female beardie sitting with me on the couch and started head bobbing and stomping so whatever he was going though I am pretty sure he is over. Thanks everyone!

Mistyck

Extreme Poster
They're like kids...Scare the crap out of you to see how much you'll jump. If he's head-bobbing at the female now, then I'd say he's back to his boy self.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Thanks, me too. I was in hysterics when I called Kristine. I could barely form a single word and was fine until I had to call my boyfriend, Paul and retell the whole story again. My babies just won't let me rest. Now it's up to Ava to be a-okay tomorrow when I go to the vet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom