Beardie Emergency kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julie77

Hatchling Member
WHAT should be in it?

I see folks talking about those hand/feet Warmers.. Got some of those around the house all the time as my husband works outside in the winter quite a bit. I go with him from time to time and LOVE these things.

What else should one put in an emergency kit? I would like to put a couple together and under the tank to be ready when need be.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I agree that this is a good idea.

Jars of babyfood, chicken or turkey, applesauce (also can be used to help with an impaction, squash or mixed veggies. Also, a can of 100% pumpkin that also helps clear an impaction.

A rice sock in case of an impaction but of course you would have to have electricity in order to heat it in the microwave but a good thing to have on hand anyway.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
I would guess the emergency kit could include everything from first aid to power outages, hurricanes or being snowed in (natural disasters of any kind).

I would suggest canned crix or pellets, in case of limited food supply. I know that sounds a little out there, but believe me when everything was shut down here for over a week after a hurricane, I had to resort to the canned feeders.

Krisymof2

Hatchling Member
I was sorry to see this thread didn't have too much more added to it.

Anybody use any of this stuff? Is it any good? I ordered this in case anything were to happen and I ever had to have it, I wouldn't want to wait. Also have the money for it now and it would figure that if I needed it I wouldn't have the money.

Multi Vitamin with Acidophilus
Panacur Paste (Fenbendazole )
http://www.beautifuldragons.503xtreme.com/Meds.html

I also got Jump-Start Caloric Supplement & Appetite Stimulant
http://www.zilla-rules.com/products/caloric-supplement-appetite-stimulant.htm

I think we could add some more to this list.

darkcirca

Hatchling Member
I use panacur to treat parasites in several lizards. I always make sure I have some in case of an emergency. I also keep Acidophiliz+ on hand, and used it to help nurse a leopard gecko with MBD back to health.

I also keep Carnivore Care, Jump-Start, and Repti-Aid, as well as liquid calcium.

I also always keep pediolyte - I have a non-flavored one I use.

Don't forget hot hands, they can come in handy.

LunaFierce

Hatchling Member
Hot water bottles for power outtages during the cold months (of course you would need a way to heat up the water). Make sure you wrap a few towels around the bottle to keep from burning your beardie.

Fresh canned crickets -yeah they smell and they are not all that nutritional, but they keep a belly full until a crisis is averted.

Just an aside if you can't boil water: Before I came up with the water bottle idea, I had a 2 day power outtage in the dead of winter, I was snowed in and there was NO HEAT.... so I had to quickly improvise. It is not fun having a beardied stuffed down your shirt for two days, but it kept her warm and alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom