beardie does not like to be touched

Status
Not open for further replies.

buddha548

my girl is about a year old when she was young she would not let me come near her now that she is older she will let me touch her a little bit. when i do she gets vary scared beard turns black and puffs a bit. :angry5: how can i get her use to being handled good thing is she wont bite

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Have you tried wrapping her in one of your shirts close to bedtime when she is tired...and holding/snuggling then? The smell or your clothing might help. And the beardie burrito almost always works.

Good luck be persistent, consistent, but patient. :wink:

buddha548

Original Poster
ive tried putting 1 of my shirts in her home to get use to my smell and i have also tried holding her close to bed time she just does not like it :(

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Just be pateint it will take her some time to get use to you wanting to hold her .
She has to learn she can trust you to do this. But once she does she will most likely want you to hold her all the time. :wink:

Heulyn

My beardie isn't seeming to like being handled right now.
We only just got her yesterday, and she is 4 years old.
So do you think this is just a symptom of moving stress, and new owners, or do you think this could be a lasting thing?
Leah x

Neromom39

Gray-bearded Member
Heulyn":aa10d said:
My beardie isn't seeming to like being handled right now.
We only just got her yesterday, and she is 4 years old.
So do you think this is just a symptom of moving stress, and new owners, or do you think this could be a lasting thing?
Leah x

If she is a healthy beardie, then it is more than likely relocation stress. Just give her a week or so and after she calms down and realizes that you aren't a threat to her she should be fine.

Heulyn

Neromom39":cfb8a said:
If she is a healthy beardie, then it is more than likely relocation stress. Just give her a week or so and after she calms down and realizes that you aren't a threat to her she should be fine.

I'm going to give her a bath tonight and see how she is after that, as she's shedding so probably doesn't feel so happy right now anyway,
When she first arrived I wrapped her up in one of my shirts and held her, and she seemed fine, but after her first night she got a little edgy.
We'll see, anyway.
Thankyou :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mellzy
Top Bottom