Beardie cries while eating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damieboo

Hatchling Member
Anyone else see this happen with their beardies? Every time mine eats something, her eyes will tear up and she'll stop eating because she can't see very well. After about 10 minutes the tears either dry up or go away and she'll resume eating. It's never really bothered her beyond impairing her vision, though as the years go by her eyes are tearing up more. When she was a year old she'd eat 20 worms before her eyes started watering, now they water at the start of her chewing. I've heard of other beardies doing this but there was never really an answer as to why. I think maybe the chewing action pushes on their tear ducts somehow and produces tears? Similar to how squinting can cause our eyes to water.

I do have another beardie and I don't recall seeing his eyes water when he eats. I wonder if it's a genetic thing.

10329184_10153056643454572_1318522901870687548_n.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That is strange ! I've never heard of such a thing actually. I think that your theory could be right , that the chewing action is pushing the tear ducts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom