beardie coloring

Status
Not open for further replies.

khartley

Hatchling Member
I rescue dragons and I just drove across 3 states to pick up a dragon that had been left for dead in a hedge and thrown in a garbage can. Picked him up and was stunned by how beautiful he was! Was just wondering if there is a name for his coloring, it is unlike any of my other rescues. The pictures are a few days after a shed, so he is looking exceptionally vibrant. His head and belly look nearly translucent, bright citrus coloring around the spikes on his sides and arms. His back is blue with citrus freckles. His eyes are a much lighter color than all my other rescues. His nails are normal.

Other than having to amputate his tail because it froze and was rotting, he is happy and healthy and very lucky to be alive.

80615-5076261056.jpg

80615-7578737433.jpg

80615-9384374548.jpg

80615-6231264337.jpg

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
How can people be so cruel? He's definitely a looker and he's so lucky to have you. Keep up dating :D

Hi! Your beardie is so beautiful! I love the coloring. Some names I would go for are pluto, pepper, brando, blue beard, sapphire, clay, morris,moonstone,philburt, marshmellow.

good luck :D ,

10 year old vet

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there....good for you for taking care of this little sweetie. :) He/she has been through a lot and deserves a good home. As for color, it looks like he is actually in a full body shed right now , just parts of his arms have shed so far revealing the orange and possibly his belly up to his side spikes.

SukiLove

Juvie Member
Poor guy!! So glad you found him, please keep updating. :)

His whole body had just shed? That would make for an interesting colored dragon if he stays that way. Very beautiful boy, he's lucky to have you.

khartley

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks everyone, he is a beautiful creature and definitely is happy to be alive. His arms have just shed, the white spots on his arms are freshly shed and bright white. I had asked on a facebook group if his coloring had a name, and I was told over and over that he is a normal. I looked at the coloring chart on this website and I really didn't find anything close to his coloring. The vet said he is approx. 5 years old. I've been searching online to see if I can find any other dragon with the pattern. I've seen some calling the blue "lavender", fire and ice, and I've seen some belguim dragons that look similar. I'm not going to breed him because I"m not a breeder and he's been thru enough already. Just more curious where his beauty came from.

khartley":3bwxyq67 said:
Thanks everyone, he is a beautiful creature and definitely is happy to be alive. His arms have just shed, the white spots on his arms are freshly shed and bright white. I had asked on a facebook group if his coloring had a name,... I'm not going to breed him because I"m not a breeder and he's been thru enough already. Just more curious where his beauty came from.
How is this handsome guy doing? What does he look like now?

Jill

khartley

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
He's doing well, I just removed the stitches in his tail last week, it healed nicely and he is healthy and happy. Well, happy until he catches a glimpse of any other of the rescue dragons, then the bob battle is on!

Coloring still as gorgeous as the day I picked him up. I obviously don't want babies, but its almost a shame not to breed him. His color and pattern are unusual and quite stunning, has a great personality, and is apparently quite hardy to survive being nearly frozen to death and thrown away.

Here's a couple pics I took recently. Pictures don't do his colors justice at all. His back goes from ashen gray to bluish gray, to almost a lavender. His orange is very vibrant, and in such a random pattern. His eyes are also very light.

80615-8484314191.jpg

80615-7048643315.jpg

khartley":1vuezxdg said:
He's doing well, I just removed the stitches in his tail last week, it healed nicely and he is healthy and happy. His color and pattern are unusual and quite stunning, has a great personality, and is apparently quite hardy to survive being nearly frozen to death and thrown away.
Pictures don't do his colors justice at all. His back goes from ashen gray to bluish gray, to almost a lavender. His orange is very vibrant, and in such a random pattern. His eyes are also very light.
He is gorgeous indeed! What a lucky guy to have found such a caring person!

Jill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarthPenumbra
Top Bottom