Beardie Care Sheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

bltkpo

Juvie Member
Dracosmommy":1n3ek7ik said:
bltkpo":1n3ek7ik said:
Dracosmommy":1n3ek7ik said:
bltkpo - Can I ask where you are getting the reptisun 10.0 for $30? I'm in Mississauga Ontario and haven't seen them under $40 to $45. If you can let me know I would sure appreciate it as I have to replace mine soon. :mrgreen:
Rosanne
Hi! I live in Alberta - and it actually look a lot of hunting to find a Repti-sun. :( Turns out our local Petland carries them, at around that price range. It sucks hey? So hard to find things for our scaly babies up here. Specifically lights and bugs (We hardly get access to horn or silk worms, ugh)
Thanks for answering. The reptile shop I bought Draco in sells the Repisun but he's a little expensive. Petsmart sells them here but they charge a lot. I don't have any problem with bugs though. There's a small pet shop that sells 250 crickets for $14 and their silks and horns are about 50 cents each. Their butters are 75 cents each. The more you buy the price gets cheaper though. I get mealies for my gecko for $4 for 100 of them. Between my gecko and Draco I get 500 crickets a month. Our little scaly babies aren't cheap but I wouldn't trade them for the world. :mrgreen: They always make me laugh with their antics. Wouldn't you love to get reptiworms? I've had no luck finding them here in Ontario. If you do find a place here in Canada that ships then the shipping is ridiculous and not worth the bother. Oh well, I agree, it does suck!!!
Rosanne
I totally agree! Petsmart here won't get them in - I've asked specifically. Plus it's super out of the way from where I am. There is a local mom and pop shop that has only repti-glos and I have asked for them to provide the Repti-Suns and their "reptile expert" doesn't see the need. Blarg. Oh man I wish I could get worms that cheap! Not gonna like. 100 cricks is $8. If, IF, you can get horns or silks.. the silks are 1.79 a worm, and the horns are 80 cents a worm. o_O Butters are cheap though. They're about 30 cents a worm. Crazy how the prices vary hey?! And don't even tell mea bout those reptiworms. I asked about those too and apparently the "wasps" they turn into are dangerous so the mom and pop shop pet store wont get them in. And I can't justify $30 in shipping when the order costs $20.

/end rant.

:p

AllanonsWrath

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Sorry guys, we're veering off topic though.

Anyone from Australia have a sample start up cost guide?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom