Beardie Bump?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all,

I'm just wondering if I have anything serious wrong with my beardie, I dont have any pics but ill get some soon. He has a big bump on his back between his 2 legs, it looks like it apart of his spine or something but he never had this when he was younger. It kinda looks like he the huntch back of beardie dragons lol.

Anyone know anything?

Thanks,

-Sean

39327654.jpg

39585383.jpg

Suicidal9090

Original Poster
bm's? and yes hes totally fine, havn't seen anything outta the blue from him, just sometimes when hes layin down n loungin around its like his spine there is a BIG bump. ill be taking a pic in a moment and ill be sure to put in up.

Thanks,

-Sean

ErinMeetsMachine

Sub-Adult Member
bowel movement. The only thing that I know that can cause a bump is impaction, but if he's acting healthy that probably isn't it.

Suicidal9090

Original Poster
Thoes are the pics, see sometimes it just looks fine like his spine, but some days i worry when I see him laying there because It looks big sometimes depending on if hes standing or laying.

Any advice? or am i just worrying for nothing?

Thanks,

-Sean

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Typically an impaction would show up higher on the spine, more towards the middle of the body. By the time it reaches that far down, the body would've released it.

Is he walking around ok? No strange twitches or limps? Can he lift up his tail?

From the pics' angle, I see another bump just above the mid point of his back. Had that always been there or appeared the same time as the one on the base of the tail?

Does he seem to be in pain if you touch it??

Suicidal9090

Original Poster
no hes not really in pain, and i dont really see a bump higher up. i think that was just a part of my hand that was hunching his back higher up - because i dont see one when hes running around. and yes hes still active, havnt really seen anything weird from him accept that he eats a ton of the salad and greens i give him :D. and about the tail im pretty sure hes on doing that when he has BM's and when hes runnin in the bath. could this be something he can grow out of? Anything else? i just dont know weather to be worried about it or not.

Thanks,

-Sean

Seven65

Juvie Member
Hmm, doesn't look very good to me. Im not very experianced but maybe some sort of spine curveture? hopefully not a tumor. Have you shown this to a vet?

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Just out of curiosity, tell me what uvb are you using and how old is it? Bumps like that are also an indication of Metalic bone Disease, which is caused by a combination of either bad no uvb and no calcium (must be phosoporus free). I've read about a few beardies that can't absorb the powdered calcium and must have the liquid which has to be gotten from a vet. I don't mean to worry you but this is not from my experience, just what I've read on this site.

Lori

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom