Beardie Bites - OWWWW! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
Bearded dragons are perfectly capable of amputating the tip of your finger. This is learned today. Chief came out of brumation refusing to eat much of anything, so I decided to be a crafty Mama and stick his worms in his mouth so he will eat more and increase his appetite. Oh, I increased his appetite all right. My fingertip sounded crunchier than the biggest superworm in the world.

So now I am having a beer before noon, and Chief is having a blackbeard. :whip: :(

6886102926_aff2fb6d73.jpg

6886103230_28e12257d4.jpg

7032215983_d0c4449e6a.jpg

Happy Saturday!! :mrgreen:

Esther19

BD.org Addict
Oh, dear. That is painful, I know. My Cissy once attempted to commit suicide by drowning. I teapotted her immediately, but she did not come around. I stuck my finger into the side of her mouth so as to get more water out, and I guess that made her mad enough that she decided to live long enough to bite me. A trip to the vet for a shot to dry out her lungs, and she was fine. That's an awfully sensitive place to get bitten. I hope you feel better soon! The beer should help. Chief does not look as sorry as he should for biting his sweet mama.

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
I think the only logical time to stick your finger in a beardie's mouth is an urgent situtation. Your story is freaky! :shock: I am so glad you had a happy ending, because that is something we all worry about.

You are right in saying Chief isn't sorry. He has the look of Triumph. :laughing6: Little does he know, he is getting fed like that twice a day until his normal appetite returns. :twisted:

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
:shock: That is a good one! :laughing6: Don't mean to laugh cause I know how it feels. My oldest one hit me one time and drew blood. Soak that in some alcohol to rid of any bacteria. And not the type you drink. :wink: Good luck..

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
HAHAHA true. I've been so careful to keep my fingers out of his mouth but this silkworm didn't want to cooperate. Oh well. I guess I was a little smug this time around. I love the look on Chief's face in that last picture.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Ouch!!

I am glad I've never had the pleasure of feeling beardie teeth sink into me lol.

-Brandon

TASTIGER

Extreme Poster
i havent had a dragon draw blood but i have been bitten it hurts !
But i think cat teeth hurt worse...

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
True. I got bit in the muscle of the palm of my hand once by a feral cat and the resulting infection almost landed me in the hospital. My doctor drew a line on my arm with a sharpie marker and said if the red streaks reached that point he was admitting me. Now, this was my boss doctor, not my family doctor. :oops: I wouldn't have even gone to the doctor for it, but he happened to see how swollen my hand was and he had to lecture me. lol

doe222

Juvie Member
i bought feeder tongs when caesar didnt just bite but tried to swollow my entire finger lol. the tongs were the best investment ive made into my beardie! no matter what it is live or dead (hes got a problem with eating anything that doesnt move) he gobbles it right up.

TASTIGER

Extreme Poster
ShannyBeard":z83l5gm8 said:
True. I got bit in the muscle of the palm of my hand once by a feral cat and the resulting infection almost landed me in the hospital. My doctor drew a line on my arm with a sharpie marker and said if the red streaks reached that point he was admitting me. Now, this was my boss doctor, not my family doctor. :oops: I wouldn't have even gone to the doctor for it, but he happened to see how swollen my hand was and he had to lecture me. lol
i got bit by a cat the other day but it seems to be healing fine

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
I've thought about getting some tongs since my Ginger does the same thing - just goes for the whole finger. :lol:

Jess

Extreme Poster
Ouch! I learned this lesson when Dudley got overly excited about his hand-fed blueberries. :roll: He hardly nipped me, but he crunched my finger and it started bleeding under the nail. He actually seemed to feel bad though, because he was extra gentle and slow when I fed him after that!

I got an infection from a cat bite too when this enormous kitty nailed my arm. It was really gross looking LOL. Cats hate me.

I usually hand feed with tongs, since my lizards are REALLY enthusiastic about their food. Stanley tried to eat the tongs too.

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
HAHAHA that is sweet how Dudley felt bad about nipping you! Chief didn't feel bad. Did you see his face? LOL!

Cats are pretty rough when they don't want to be messed with. :shock: :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom