BEARDIE ATE FERTILIZER

Status
Not open for further replies.
So. I had my beareded Dagon out hanging out with us, and then I looked away for half a second and he grabbed the biggest amount of soil I have ever seen a beardie put in their mouth. The problem being, we have miracle grow in that soil. And now I am freaking out that she ate a bunch of fertilizer even though I’m honestly not sure if there was any in the amount she grabbed but there could have been. What do we do???

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I flagged your post --- to someone who can help you I was hoping some one would catch it last nite
Karrie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, how is your beardie this morning ? In any case of suspected poisoning it's good to have activated charcoal on hand which can be bought at a drug store. It absorbs the toxins + allows them to pass through. I don't know the exact dose but Tracie [ Drache613 , she's one of the mods ] would be helpful with the dosing. Hopefully your dragon will be O.K.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
1-3 mg per gram of body weight for the AC dosing.

If your dragon is acting fine now, things will almost certainly continue to be fine.
AC is best administered as soon as possible after ingestion of a toxin. The longer you go without it the less effect it will have.

Keep up the oral hydration for a few days too.

-Brandon

CrunchyBeardedBaby

Original Poster
Claudiusx":dphnvv6a said:
1-3 mg per gram of body weight for the AC dosing.

If your dragon is acting fine now, things will almost certainly continue to be fine.
AC is best administered as soon as possible after ingestion of a toxin. The longer you go without it the less effect it will have.

Keep up the oral hydration for a few days too.

-Brandon
SHe’s acting fine, we didn’t have any activated charcoal Nd I didn’t get to see this until now. She didn’t act weird at all when she ate it and she’s till acting okay but idk if we should just keep waiting or what.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom