Beardie ate a dead leaf and a grasshopper outside

Status
Not open for further replies.

littlebirdy

Juvie Member
Clovis was getting some UVB time outside and decided to snack on a dead leaf and big honking pale grasshopper with what looked like oversized floppy wings. We are visiting my in-laws in the woods of rural central Virginia, and they do not use pesticides or weed killer. Clovis scraped her mouth against the rocks a few minutes after eating the unknown bug, but half an hour later she was running around like a nut with light colors on and seemed fine. She has a wellness check at the vet on Thursday anyway, but should I be worried?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
The grasshopper is fine [ 16 -17 years ago, i used to feed hoppers + crix caught outdoors]....as long as it wasn't too large and your beardie is not a baby. Larger dragons can handle the too=big of a prey item much better than a baby. As for the leaf, as long as it's not toxic. Green ivy is toxic, so hopefully eat wasn't that. If you know what plant it was, Google it to ascertain potential toxicity to pets. Hopefully [ and probably ] your mighty hunter is just fine !

littlebirdy

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Typical. I give the beardie fresh blueberries, kale, and squash and she ignores it. What does she go for? A dead leaf. :roll: I don't think there is any green ivy around here, but there are lots of trees, so my guess is it was an oak or tulip poplar leaf. Thanks for the reassurance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom