Beardie at my door!

Status
Not open for further replies.

heartdog

This is such a trip! I was noticing my cat looking out my front screen door intently, so I went to investigate. Saw there was a lizard. Looked a little closer, and it's a young adult beardie!! Just peering in to say hello! I picked him up, and put him in my outside sunning cage, where he promptly started head bobbing vigorously. Guess he's a male! Bummer cuz my current guy is male. He's got a huge tank all to himself, and I can't put them together. Not sure I want to get another tank, either. Maybe I should put up notices around the neighborhood, but who knows where he came from. He's in good shape, although was pretty thirsty. Nice color, too. Lavender yellow.
I'll have to see how his personality is :D

ses2682

I guess he was just popping around to say hi! Poor guy, I'm glad he found you. I wish I lived in a warmer climate.. maybe a beardie would come visit me too! Pretty cool..... take a picture of him, Id like to see his coloring!

ChellyBeans

Gray-bearded Member
That's so cool! Perhaps you should consider keeping him. He did seem to come to you for a reason. :D

Pictures would be awesome!

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Wow lucky beardie :D I would post around. If hes in good shape he must be loved by someone. He might of escaped from someone. I know we have had members loose their beardies it was so upsetting to their familys.I know if one of mine got away i would die of heartbreak. It would be so awsome if you found his slave.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
[Moved from General to Beardie Rescue]

All "lost" animals seen to have this sixth sense in knowing which doorsteps to show up on, where they know the humans behind the big doors will take care of them.

Thank you for taking him in, even if it's just temporary . . . for now :wink:

heartdog

Original Poster
This is one hilarious dragon. Crikey doesn't head bob at all, and is a very lazy type, doesn't even eat veggies without help. Truthfully, he's a bit of a pain sometimes lol. This one acts like a normal beardie, he's sidewalking, head bobbing, foot slapping, black bearding. Very amusing. Yes, I believe things happen for a reason, it's just so odd that he's right there, looking in, just before rain, too. So good thing he got found by a beardie person!
I do suppose I could put up signs that a "lizard" was found. Then if they know what it is, give him back. I'm in a back alley in the city, though, could be so many people.

Looks like I'm off to look at tanks and supplies! And thinking of a name ; ) (Wonder what the name of the dragon in that new movie is..how to train your dragon?)

heartdog

Original Poster
Well, got my new baby a sliding glass enclosure like the other one I have. Only it's smaller, but big enough. Tons o'crickets and veggies, and he's suuuch a happy camper! Loves his new perch, as you can see by the pic. Sometimes he's a bright yellow with lavender! Thinking of calling him Vedder : D
photo.jpg

remi1

Juvie Member
Wow, what an amazing story! I'm so glad you were there to take him in from the rain! He's very pretty and you can tell that he's been taken care of; he seems to be saying in his picture "that's right slave, now bring me some crickets" :lol:
I hate to say it, but part of me agrees with Freeie, his slave might be frantic right now. Sometimes accidents happen and beardies get away. It wouldn't hurt to put up that sign you mentioned, found lizard. Otherwise you'll always be wondering, and if no one calls then he's all yours!

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
ChellyBeans":17gcqgy9 said:
She would know. Check out her spoiled turtle. :lol:
Yes, I WOULD know :mrgreen:

Guess he didn't have any relocation stress, huh? :lol: The way he's perched on the log looked like he'd been there forever, as opposed to just a few days.

As much as I hope his owner(s) come forward and claim him, I also hope that they don't because I can sense that you're already attached to him, and would be sad to let him go.

heartdog

Original Poster
I bought him a $100 custom tank, just that laminated wood with sliding doors. 3' long. I am putting out signs around the few blocks here, though. If someone is heartbroken and claims him, I'll just get me a new baby when they're available : D No stress at all, he's really calm. Unless he sees my other beardie! Then it's black beard foot slapping head bobbing like crazy ha ha. Funny how much his coloring changes. When he's asleep, he's really lemon colored. On the branch, he gets darker.

A random question, my other beardie has been digging a LOT lately, and it's pretty annoying after hours and hours. He's a male, so that's strange. Any ideas? Got so annoying yesterday I left the house! LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mei mei
Top Bottom