Beardie almost died, now scared to lay eggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaughingBuddha

Hatchling Member
About 4/5 days ago my Beardie was digging a hole in the sand to lay her eggs. I was giving up and turned around and saw that the hole had collapsed on her and she wasn't moving. I dug her out and she woke up a few secs later. I gave her a shut and she seemed to cheer up a bit. When I put her back in the Viv she went to the cold side of the Viv and climbed to the top corner (where she never goes) and slept there.
She has stopped digging and just wants to be in her hide all day so I blocked it off. Most of the day she is looking lathargic (sp?) and bloated. Shes also a lot more grumpy (poor little lady). She has started eating but only crickets and maybe one blueberry a day. She doesn't get excited for the crickets like she used to and only eat them if I put right in front of her. Im giving her a bath every second day and she pops in the bath.

Not sure what to do. :-S

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there.....how long was she under the sand ? You say that you just turned around + this happened quickly ? That could def. have scared her, but not harm her. My girls often would be almost completely obscured while digging so it's not unusual. Add a little more water to the sand so that it holds it's shape better....you can also try putting a plastic shoebox in there, upside down and with one end cut off under the sand....this will create it's own " cave " and the sand won't collapse on her. Then reintroduce her to the laybox.

LaughingBuddha

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Im not sure how long she was under the sand for. I it could have been up to 5 minutes. This will be here 5th or 6th clutch this year so I know how her tunnel should look. But she was completely covered I could only see a few inches of her tail. She was digging st the sand a little eariler but then stopped. I might try that shoe box idea thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom