Beardie Affection? Face-petting their humans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

discojan

Juvie Member
One of our girls exhibits a very unusual and adorable behavior--when we put her close to our faces, she gently reaches out and slowly paws at us. It is very gentle and "seems deliberate" though she may just be reaching out to not fall. Our other girl doesn't do this . We're curious--do anyone else's beardies exhibit this behavior?

Soulwind

Sub-Adult Member
Sounds like normal arm-waving action, just close to your face.

Arm-waving is typically thought of as a submissive gesture,
a "here I am, I'm no threat, don't eat me" type behavior.

But yeah, it's incredibly cute.

discojan

Juvie Member
Original Poster
It's definitely not hand-waving--we've seen that. It's a much gentler thing, and there is no circular motion--it's almost as if she is "petting" us , or dare I suggest, caressing...

Ranger87

Riza will sort of do that to my face when I go to kiss her beard. XD I take it as a "Get away from my face, Human," sort of thing. But it's cute...whether she likes it or not.

jackiesmama

Juvie Member
my jackie will do the same thing..she will also , when i stroke her face she will move her head in an up and down motion showing affection.. i love her so much.. :love10:

discojan

Juvie Member
Original Poster
OMG--I'd love to see that up/down head motion--video :) It's so nice to hear we're not the only ones anthropomorphizing our adorable, darling, dragons this way. Our colleagues sometimes think we're crazy :)

jackiesmama

Juvie Member
When I talk to "non Beardie lovers Lol" and tell the stories about my babies they have this look on there face like IM crazy lol

jducky18

Hatchling Member
jackiesmama":1r46pcx8 said:
tell the stories about my babies they have this look on there face like IM crazy lol

Ha ha ha, try being in college where it's weird enough to have a pet, much less a lizard :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mysticsalten
Top Bottom