Bearded Dragon/Turtle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kizzy67

Is it okay for a bearded dragon and turtle to "hang out together" once in a while? We had them both outside yesterday and our little guy was riding on the turtles back (made for a cute picture)... is this okay? Do I need to worry about diseases?

lacy_black

Gray-bearded Member
I'm sure Gina, the 1 mod on here, will pipe up soon. She has a dragon and a snapping turtle(she's a tiny bit crazy :wink: ) and there's lots of pictures of them together.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
lacy_black":vug11w7k said:
I'm sure Gina, the 1 mod on here, will pipe up soon. She has a dragon and a snapping turtle(she's a tiny bit crazy :wink: ) and there's lots of pictures of them together.
Hey! I resemble that remark! :mrgreen:
Howdy! Crazy mod here!
I don't recommend having your beardie and turtle together unless you are certain that they'd get along and won't bite each other. Also, be sure that the turtle is clean to avoid any contamination.

Like lacy_black said, I have a snapper and a beardie who are always out together and travel in the same container. They were introduced to each other since Buddy (snapper) was just a teensy hatchling and have daily interactions (initially supervised, of course).

Here are a few photo proofs of my nutty pair:

First bath together (Buddy had a clean bath beforehand) (4/09):

First park outing together (4/09):
babyturtle153.jpg

First time in Pookie's viv (5/09):

Pookie using Buddy as a step stool (7/09):
babyturtle228.jpg

Snuggle buddies (11/09):
2009_11-14a.jpg

Payback (1/10):
2010_01-01b.jpg

Kizzy67

Original Poster
thanks... the pictures are great!

We just got the turtle and had him outside along with the bearded dragon.... so we put the dragon on the turtle and he went for a ride... other then that they're not together.

I'd post the cute picture that I took, but I don't know how to do it here!

babyelvissocute

Sub-Adult Member
Hahahah those pictures made my day :D

I have 2 turtles, a painted and RES, and I have tried to intruduce them to my beardie, Elvis. But, my turtles are both babies, so pretty tiny. Whenever I have them all out, Elvis sees a moving tiny "thing" and thinks I got him some sorta new food. But he's getting better, now that the turtles arent as tiny. Someday, I hope for them to be one big happy scaly family :D

Nikki14

Kizzy67":906pq36h said:
Is it okay for a bearded dragon and turtle to "hang out together" once in a while? We had them both outside yesterday and our little guy was riding on the turtles back (made for a cute picture)... is this okay? Do I need to worry about diseases?

out of the 11 turtles i curently have only two that would be bitters. however you never know it could come out of the blue.
turtles can easily get sick if you do not know what to look for. if you insist on putting them together for contact wash off the turtle first obviously and if there is any running from mouth, eyes or nose DO NOT put them with eachother for at least a week after it have cleared up. turtles get "colds" very easily.
be careful if its a water turtle, obviously they can get algaed up very easily and you wouldnt want that on your beardie. and you always gotta be aware of "shell rot" it is not always 100% noticable and can spred easily. either way i would always give your beardie a good bath after contact with your turtle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom