Bearded Dragon suddenly acting scared of me

Status
Not open for further replies.

lataj42999

I’ve had my bearded dragon for months now and she’s always been fine and curious. But lately, she’s changed. She all of the sudden acts very intimidated by me and it makes me feel bad. She tends to hide around in her tank when I come around. And when I take her out, she would normally walk around on the bed but now she tends to find a place to hide from me and stare at me. And she kind of reacts when I make sudden movements. When I hold her she’s okay though but she might try to jump out my hands. But she has always done that so I don’t really worry about it. She’s fine, healthy, gets her baths, calcium, veggies and crickets and also her UV. But I don’t know why her behavior has conceived.

6A450C66-FC7C-49D5-B396-4E1F4303C671.jpeg

44799655-731D-48BB-BFB7-44D5BFB87E70.jpeg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

She is very cute! How old is she now?
Can you review your tank setup with us, such as the type/brand of UVB, along with the temps
& supplementation?
Has anything in her surrounding area/room changed at all?
Sometimes they can go through behavioral changes if they are hitting puberty. The hormones
cause them to be a little moodier. You are sure she is female?

Tracie

lataj42999

Original Poster
Drache613":3v2vxjhg said:
Hello,

She is very cute! How old is she now?
Can you review your tank setup with us, such as the type/brand of UVB, along with the temps
& supplementation?
Has anything in her surrounding area/room changed at all?
Sometimes they can go through behavioral changes if they are hitting puberty. The hormones
cause them to be a little moodier. You are sure she is female?

Tracie

I am 80% sure she is female as I have checked her spot twice in the last few months. She’s around five months old I believe. I use repti calcium, 10 gallon tank, the brand for her bulb is AQUA CULTURE. During the day the house is hotter so the temperature may be 100-105 but later in the day when it cools it’s 90-95 which I prefer.

However, I actually have switched rooms in my house and I switched the rock and log cave so I can position the light how I wanted due being in a new room. But she didn’t really act like that at first.. idk. I don’t even think she’s gonna eat her veggies this morning because she’s been hiding in her log ever since I turned on her light.

Emjay22

Hi! So I don’t know if this is what’s causing her to be so skittish, but a 10 gallon vivarium is pretty small, even for a 5 month beardie. Maybe she needs more space to run around? I don’t know. I hope that this is helpful in some way

Mj

lataj42999

Original Poster
Emjay22":3k46hea2 said:
Hi! So I don’t know if this is what’s causing her to be so skittish, but a 10 gallon vivarium is pretty small, even for a 5 month beardie. Maybe she needs more space to run around? I don’t know. I hope that this is helpful in some way

Mj

I mean you could be right but she’s always been fine. Guy at the reptile shop said it should be good for the first year (I wasn’t going to wait a whole year of course if I think she’s big enough for an upgrade). But this is just new to me. And I don’t see how that would adjust to the fact I said, she even does it outside the tank too. But lately now she’s been doing it next to me when I’m sitting or laying down in the bed.

3143C670-5C87-4F02-99A2-2CEEF11C76A9.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom