Bearded Dragon Sleeps Out of Cage.. DIY Bed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mummapinkham

Hatchling Member
I need to make a bed for Harry. Right now he falls asleep on top of my daughters shirt in the corner of his viv. I am going to make him a little blanket and pillow!

Have you guys seen lizardluxuries.com? I know its not DIY but it gave me some awesome ideas for stuff to make at home. Love their lounges. I'm designing a new enclosure right now that will be furnished with hand made items similar to the things on that site. :D

Mummapinkham

Hatchling Member
I have seen them aren't they the cutest. I am talking my hubby into buying one of the beds because I can't sew to save my life, lol.

Mummapinkham":3jxsa0jr said:
I have seen them aren't they the cutest. I am talking my hubby into buying one of the beds because I can't sew to save my life, lol.

Ha, me either, but my wife can. I thought they were a great idea. My 5 month female falls asleep on me every night around 9pm, so she obviously likes/doesn't mind cloth material. In the process of making a "modern" enclosure that will have all actual mini furniture in it. We'll see how it goes.

Meggle

Not DIY, but Petsmart has little beds in their small animal section. They're for hamsters, gerbils, ferrets, etc but I don't see why you couldn't use one for a beardie! They are like small cat beds. Their tail will probably hang out, but I don't think they'd mind. ;D

Photo:
pPETS-8918805t300x300.jpg

Source: http://www.petsmart.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=2769322&fbx=0

bunnyrut

Gray-bearded Member
Meggle":3nripn14 said:
Not DIY, but Petsmart has little beds in their small animal section. They're for hamsters, gerbils, ferrets, etc but I don't see why you couldn't use one for a beardie! They are like small cat beds. Their tail will probably hang out, but I don't think they'd mind. ;D

Photo:
pPETS-8918805t300x300.jpg

Source: http://www.petsmart.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=2769322&fbx=0
i've seen my beardies curl up in a little ball. Mr Dargon will put is chin on the tip of his tail.
so i think they might be able to squeeze in if they wanted to.

I just made Lucy a bed today. She's been leery about it so far but I hope she'll like it.

Basically what I did was got a shoebox (a converse or dress shoe one because its smaller and skinnier). I put her small heating pad in a sock and stuck it in there. Then I draped a piece of fleece over it and stapled (superglue might be nicer) a piece of fleece over it. I think it's a good idea, but she is so attached to her log in the basking area! She's even slept under or on it lately!

I was looking for a cheap (free for me, actually) place for her to lounge in. I hope this will work for someone who has a calmer beardie. Lucy is just still so adventurous, because I don't think her last owner spoiled her like I do! We're attached at the hip! (or the neck. That's her favorite spot!)

EDIT: Last night I put her in her box right when I turned the light off, and she fell right asleep!

Liquorbox

Nathan1995":1m89kaab said:
Saleen, that is the most adorable picture of a beardie I've EVER seen! I love the little blanket ontop, and how your beardie sleeps on the pillow, that's so amazing!
As for a bed, when mine want's to sleep, she can crash just about anywhere, as long as there's no light on her head, she just sleeps! I often wear a hoodie and zip it up halfway, she scoots backwards underneath and curls up and goes to sleep!

i found wearing a jacket half way zipped up with them placed inside worked for my skitso juvenile beardies to get comfortable being held aswell ; )

esn

Hatchling Member
I confess that my girlfriend has come into the room to find that the fat beardie Zeus and I have fallen asleep together on the bed. I've gone a good 3 hours with her on my chest or in the crook of my arm as I sleep. Never thought of making it a regular deal - it was always an accident. But not much harm in napping together if you're not a big mover in your sleep! Who says reptiles can't cuddle?

bunnyrut

Gray-bearded Member
esn":drqshmbo said:
I confess that my girlfriend has come into the room to find that the fat beardie Zeus and I have fallen asleep together on the bed. I've gone a good 3 hours with her on my chest or in the crook of my arm as I sleep. Never thought of making it a regular deal - it was always an accident. But not much harm in napping together if you're not a big mover in your sleep! Who says reptiles can't cuddle?
Mr Dargon will take naps with my husband on the couch. it's cute

SeanFred

Hatchling Member
I will lay down in the afternoon to take a nap on the couch and Nero curls up in the crook of my neck, shoulder and pillow. If anything comes around that makes him nervous (like the dog or cat) he will "spike" me in the neck when he puffs up and that wakes me up immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julielps
Top Bottom