Bearded dragon prolapse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cooper2good

Hello need some advice/help. Our 6 year old dragon Lola seems to have a prolapse, it's been 24 hours, have done the sugar bath 4 x and am keeping it well lubricated. She has pooped, but hasn't eaten, and very little water in. I understand that w need to tke her to see a vet. My concern unfortunately is the cost... Yes we care about her and don't want her in pain. Can anyone tell me the COST involved of having this repaired ? Money is extremely tight and I have very little extra , I don't want my son to loose his pet but we cannot afford hundreds of dollars or my son and I won't eat. Can anyone tell me the cost? Thank worried and sad.

kcarello

Gray-bearded Member
I am not sure about the cost, but you could apply for care credit...a credit card to help pay for the vet expenses. Hope this helps and I hope you girl will be ok.

LoveMy4BeardieGals

Hatchling Member
Really depends on your location, and hopefully it is a specialized vet, but for my Audrey who prolapsed really bad 2 weeks ago, for her exam, to be put under, to have the surgery to go back in because she also had some little bit of her intestines out, and her antibiotic and de worming meds cost me about $425/$430..I cannot remember the exact amount. But I understand being tight on money, so I applied for care credit, and it was the best thing I could have ever done cause it saved my baby.

I am sorry to hear about her prolapse. It is a very scary thing, and I hope all goes well.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am so sorry to hear that. How bad is it? Is the area still out of her?
Has she laid eggs recently?
Are you using any calcium & UVB as well? You can try giving some extra doses of calcium in case she is having calcium issues.
Usually, it does run at least $500 if they have to suture them up, etc.

Try to keep her calm as much as you can. Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

LoveMy4BeardieGals

Hatchling Member
How is she doing? Did she get to a vet?
Let us know how your baby and you all are doing when you have a moment :)

Me, Leo, Bailey, Ryelee, and Audrey send our love and well wishes!

discojan

Juvie Member
It really depends on your vet and also your beardie, but our 5 year old just had the surgery 2 months ago and was spayed in the process , and thank heavens she is doing well. So, if your pet was strong before prolaspsing, there is a possibility the prognosis could be good, but it is expensive. Maybe see if your vet is willing to work with you on a payment plan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harobuilt
Top Bottom