Bearded dragon poop!

Blue_the_beardie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Blue
Hello! I'm seeming to have a issue and I'm wondering if anyone has dealt with the same thing....I'm SUCH a germaphobe! I can't stand germs! Recently, I've been really weird about my beardies poo, and I feel so grossed out about it(more than normal). I spend 10 minutes washing my hands after cleaning her poo(even though I didn't touch it). I feel like I can't take her out of her cage because if the germs from her feces. What can I do? Is there any advise that might get my brain to think otherwise? I was told 3 years ago that lizards can make you loose your hair, so maybe that's why. I'm not sure...Anyway, I'm great full for any advise! Thanks!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I think thats a myth lol.
If your that concerned, get some chlorhexidine, you can get it at amazon or tractor suppy. Get the 2% and mix it 10.0 to 1 ratio. Put it in a good spray bottle and WALA. it is used for sanitizing and an antiseptic for wounds. Just last week i talked to someone i know that worked in zoo's and he said that is what they use. He also said it was effective against Coccidia (which is what i was trying to achieve)

Blue_the_beardie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Blue
I think thats a myth lol.
If your that concerned, get some chlorhexidine, you can get it at amazon or tractor suppy. Get the 2% and mix it 10.0 to 1 ratio. Put it in a good spray bottle and WALA. it is used for sanitizing and an antiseptic for wounds. Just last week i talked to someone i know that worked in zoo's and he said that is what they use. He also said it was effective against Coccidia (which is what i was trying to achieve)
Perfect! Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom