Bearded Dragon not eating Veges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiasc0

My roughly 1 year old male dragon hasnt been eating his veges. When we first got him he was eating them non step, but now he just ignores it. Although, when it comes to feeding him crickets he goes nuts for them, trying to escape his enclosure for them. I usually fed him pakchoy with carrots and celery, then when we stopped that I changed to something else, I use curly lettuce, red leaf lettuce, brocolli. (All of the new stuff only started last night, I do not reguraly feed him brocolli.) Sometimes he goes off his poos too, somedays he'll poo the next day he wont then it'll next two days he wont. He acts pretty normal in his enclosure, but since im at school and dont get to see him till around four he usually climbs up to his sleeping spot by then.

JoshD

I wouldnt worry about the poop too much, they dont have to go every single day. mine sometimes doesnt go for a couple days. As for the greens, I'd suggest Mustard greens, Bok Choy is not a good green for bearded dragons and he is not getting much nutrients. You should be feeding a staple green everyday for example, turnip greens, collard greens, etc. Mine is very picky and will only eat mustard greens. You'll just have to try a couple different ones until it likes one, greens are really important at that age and he should be eating a good amount everyday. good luck!

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
[Moved here from General Discussion forum since it is about Feeding]

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Would be a good idea to mix some daily staple greens in with the others you mentioned like turnip and mustard greens, dandelion, escarole, endive, collards, squash. You should have some of the greens that are in green print fed daily. http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html Then you can mix a little of the ones in black ink in with them. Not a good ideas to just feed cabbage, carrot or broccoli daily without any nutritional greens mixed in. Banana is a feed rarely food.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom