bearded dragon not eating properly

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey i posted about this dragon a few weeks back. ok he's three years old and all he wants to eat are superworms and dubia. he was very skinny when i got him his weight was between 130g to 153g i got him up to 235g and now he won't eat any of his vegetables , i've been offering him collared greens, dandelion greens, turnip greens,snow peas, and he won't eat any of it . when i go to put it in his enclosure he shakes his head at me (not head bobbing ) it looks like he's saying no lol or he gets mad and gives me his back. he eat's his fruit i still give him repta boost but he refuses to eat any greens. did i spoil him or do adult dragons go through this kind of behavior.

LoveMy4BeardieGals

Hatchling Member
You can always try putting the fruit that he still eats with the greens. Also try putting the supers in with the greens/fruit but make sure the bowl is deep. You can also give it a try with the dubia. That way when they see movement they will get some of the greens with the bugs. Also when he goes for the fruit he will also get the greens. Also try butternut/winter/acorn etc type squashes for some color. They tend to really enjoy squash :) I hope that helps a little!

stevoironside

My bearded dragon is also not eatting properly all he eats is melworms he use to eat veggies but now he doesnt and he doesnt move much :(

BeardieMommy3991

Sub-Adult Member
stevoironside":17xq41zh said:
My bearded dragon is also not eatting properly all he eats is melworms he use to eat veggies but now he doesnt and he doesnt move much :(
Mealworms are very bad to feed to bearded dragons, especially babies. They have very hard shells that they can't digest. Better feeders would be crickets, other worms or roaches.

iluvmybeardies

Original Poster
i tried mixing fruit with his vegetables and i also put dubia roaches and still no luck all he wants are superworms and now he loves baby food im going to try and put the baby food on his vegetables as a salad dressing and see if this works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom