Bearded dragon not eating on own

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peeps

my bearded dragon is a year and a half old and looks and acts pretty normal. i will upload photos of her and her poop that she did from the tub. her diet consists of collard green,mustard greens. bananas, papaya, blueberries and water. there would be more but she doesn't eat on her own. i have to slide food from the side of her mouth to get her to lick then i slide the rest in and she eats it but she tries to turn away. she used to eat super worms and collard greens frequently with no problem. she is still active and basks but sleeps quite a bit. i just want her to eat on her own again. i would give her more of a variety if i was able to get her to eat but she wont. I don't see any signs of sickness or losing weight and her poop looks fairly normal to me no eggs or worms. The picture is watery because she was in the tub. she holds her head up on her own and has never shown any aggression. I don't want to waste a trip to the vet as it is very expensive where i am and last time they misdiagnosed and my beardie ended he up dead. I just want to see what you guys say and what you recommend I should do.
87949-3409805559.jpg
87949-2589292117.jpg
87949-2021499728.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

She looks like she is in good overall physical condition. Has she ever brumated before?
It sounds like she is just slown down due to this time of year. The stool looks pretty normal to me, also. If she isn't losing weight but just eats here & there then I would say she is partially brumating. They tend to sleep off & on & just stay lazy for awhile.
Which UVB light are you using for her & how old is it? I don't see any evidence of metabolic bone disease just based on the pictures.

Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

Peeps

Original Poster
She is almost a year and 1/2 old a new 15 watt flourecscent fixture, cabinet liner for substrate, and she lives in a 40 gal by herself. No she has never burmated before that I have known. However she has stopped eating before for some time but returned to herself later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom