Bearded Dragon Newbie Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GamerXDan

Hi there, im getting a bearded dragon in the next few weeks, i know everything about the setup as im not new to reptiles.

My question is about feeding.
Ive read loads of caresheets but cant seem to get my head around feeding :banghead:

I live in the UK and the majority of caresheets i have read are American.
Could anybody tell me the UK names of the following food.

• Collard Greens
    Mustard Greens
    Alfalfa
    Turnip Greens
    Endive
    Escarole

In the UK we have 3 main food supermarkets. Asda (Part of the walmart family) Sainsburys and Tesco.
None of these websites show anything when ive searched for the foods mentioned above.

Thank you! :D

DoubleJ

Juvie Member
Collard greens are spring greens to us UK residents

Alfalfa is also known as lucerne or lucerne grass. I have used it to add to pony food and pet stores sell alfalfa for small animals, but I am not sure if it is suitable for beardies.

Turnip greens are just turnip leaves. (Turnips being the small root veg with slightly purple top). - I only mention this because some people call Swede turnip *shrugs*.

Endive:
endive.jpg
Can be found in the fresh veg section of the larger stores.

Escarole is referred to as broad chicory or common chicory. It's a form of endive.

No idea about mustard greens.

Hope this helps a little.

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
i use curly kale and watercress as my staple (main) diet (you can get both in bags in veg and salad section from asda £1 each) and morrisons. Havent found kale in tesco- the bags usually last me the whole week. i vary his food at different times with the following: sweet potato (on occasions), basil, fresh mint, apple, carrots (occasionally), fresh mango, cucumber, parsnips.... Dont feed bearded dragons lettuce as it has no nutritional value (youve prob already read this). I know it sounds expensive but if you just vary it up weekly its fine.

the following link is excellent for feeding ideas:
http://www.ukbeardeddragons.co.uk/feeding.htm

hope this helps :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom