Bearded dragon lighting

fynnbirt

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Zeus
This is my tank it’s 45W 90L 45H cm. I got a bearded dragon starter kit with 100w heat lamp, 10.0 26w uvb light. I’m worried my heat lamp and uvb light are too far apart do you think? I ordered a T5 TUBE 39W UVB 12% bar JUDT in case but not sure whether to take the other uvb light in and just put on top of the mesh or if I put it inside the tank would it be too close to him, would the heat lamp dome cause a problem?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 101

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
This is my tank it’s 45W 90L 45H cm. I got a bearded dragon starter kit with 100w heat lamp, 10.0 26w uvb light. I’m worried my heat lamp and uvb light are too far apart do you think? I ordered a T5 TUBE 39W UVB 12% bar JUDT in case but not sure whether to take the other uvb light in and just put on top of the mesh or if I put it inside the tank would it be too close to him, would the heat lamp dome cause a problem?
i'm going to tag @KarrieRee. she's the one you want to work with to get your set up correct. for now, remove the red light, and if the kit came with a blue light, don't use it either. that uvb light definitely needs to be replaced. how long is the tube you have coming?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
As advised below get rid of the red light- the T 5 placement will be determined by your screen - please post a pic of it from above --- please get a solid bright white basking bulb examples are Flukers basking Exo Terra Intense or Arcadia Halogen--- No off white No yellowish or Daytime bulbs -- make sure you have a digital probe thermometer to get actual surface basking temps - 95-100 for a adult dragon or dragons 6 months or older -- please shut the coil UVB off --- you can take him outside for good UVB 15 minutes or so sitting on you --- the heat lamp should not be closer than 6 " to him --

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom