Bearded dragon lighting

fynnbirt

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Zeus
This is my tank it’s 45W 90L 45H cm. I got a bearded dragon starter kit with 100w heat lamp, 10.0 26w uvb light. I’m worried my heat lamp and uvb light are too far apart do you think? I ordered a T5 TUBE 39W UVB 12% bar JUDT in case but not sure whether to take the other uvb light in and just put on top of the mesh or if I put it inside the tank would it be too close to him, would the heat lamp dome cause a problem?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 97

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
This is my tank it’s 45W 90L 45H cm. I got a bearded dragon starter kit with 100w heat lamp, 10.0 26w uvb light. I’m worried my heat lamp and uvb light are too far apart do you think? I ordered a T5 TUBE 39W UVB 12% bar JUDT in case but not sure whether to take the other uvb light in and just put on top of the mesh or if I put it inside the tank would it be too close to him, would the heat lamp dome cause a problem?
i'm going to tag @KarrieRee. she's the one you want to work with to get your set up correct. for now, remove the red light, and if the kit came with a blue light, don't use it either. that uvb light definitely needs to be replaced. how long is the tube you have coming?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
As advised below get rid of the red light- the T 5 placement will be determined by your screen - please post a pic of it from above --- please get a solid bright white basking bulb examples are Flukers basking Exo Terra Intense or Arcadia Halogen--- No off white No yellowish or Daytime bulbs -- make sure you have a digital probe thermometer to get actual surface basking temps - 95-100 for a adult dragon or dragons 6 months or older -- please shut the coil UVB off --- you can take him outside for good UVB 15 minutes or so sitting on you --- the heat lamp should not be closer than 6 " to him --

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom