Bearded dragon leg

Status
Not open for further replies.

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
Just curious, what type of vet did you take him to? A regular vet or reptile specific? Regular vets don't have the experience or knowledge needed to make such a diagnosis

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
Jess is totally correct, I have a regular vet because he is the only one that will see my venomous. He doesn't know much about reptile medicine, but he likes to do research. He actually likes it when I'm in his office because it usually turns into a "show-and-tell" session in the office. Last time it didnt, we were both in a hurry.
But usually when I go in I have already decided on what I want done and what medications to order....he's usually agreeable.

BraveHerpetology

Original Poster
They didn't tell me much, but the medicine seems to work I am guessing that that infection just spread to the leg or it might have been two separate infections but the X-rays did not show any signs of the leg being broken.

BraveHerpetology

Original Poster
he is still very sluggish but I think that has to do with the fact that it's winter although he never fully sleeps except at night and occasionally during the day he sits under his lamp with his front feet and head up should I be worried or is he fine?

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
BraveHerpetology":1ft8xf4f said:
he is still very sluggish but I think that has to do with the fact that it's winter although he never fully sleeps except at night and occasionally during the day he sits under his lamp with his front feet and head up should I be worried or is he fine?

Unfortunately with dragons, it's not a one answer fits all.

Do you know the age of your dragon? How is his basking temp? How do you measure the temps? UVB type? Coil, long? Diet? Are you able to provide pictures?
Overwhelming, I know.

If he's fighting off an infection I can imagine he would be pretty drained, but the above questions are definitely things needed to be taken into consideration as the overall health of reptiles are based on husbandry

BraveHerpetology

Original Poster
My bearded dragon has just turned a year old and I have not done much reading about how much they ate a day since he was little I am noticing that he is becoming kind of skinny I know its winter so he doesnt eat much anyway but I have a superworm and dubia colony established and if anyone could put their thoughts about how much he should be eating a day I would be happy to hear thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom