Bearded Dragon leg injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaughingBuddha

Hatchling Member
Hi guys.

First off if this is the wrong section im sorry. Feel free to move it mods.

A few days before Xmas my Beardie Fatty Bum Bum came out of burmation. She always gets super excited and runs all over my room, climbing and jumping carelessly. I noticed on the 24th she was running across my room but dragging her back legs. Later when she climbed up on to her basking spot she looked at her back right leg and and it started twitching. This happened twice that afternoon.
I haven't seen it twitching since then. But I have noticed that she has been keeping the leg stretched out to the side a lot. She will be walking around my room or her viv and suddenly stop and look back at her leg for about 10 secs then carry on moving. She also has a bit of difficulty climbing. I have put in a few jumpers of mine to help with the climbing on to jumping off of basking log.
I highly doubt its mbd because she loves her calci worms and her arcadia 12% bulb was installed in April and she's been in brumation since Sept. Anyway I just received a new bulb this morning just in case. I'm not getting paid until the 5th of Jan so I can't take her to the vets until then. she seems happy most of the time but I could tell something was bothering her yesterday afternoon because she went dark and black beard which is very unusual for her.

If anyone has any advice id be very grateful.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It sounds like she has access to calcium and proper lighting, so MBD isn't as likely. Has she been pooping regularly? Have you noticed her fall or catch her foot/leg on anything recently? If you can post a photo or video of her that would also be helpful.

LaughingBuddha

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I'll post a photo tomorrow as she is sleeping now, but I can't see anything wrong with it. When I gently touch her leg she doesn't react. she has been walking and climbing again for most of the day but still keeps stopping and looking at her leg. Oh and yeah she is pooping and eating.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
OK. I'll take a look at the photos tomorrow. A video of her dropping and looking at her leg may be helpful too if you can post one. I'm not sure what the issue could be off the top of my head.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Ah OK. Are you sure she's looking at her leg and isn't just stopping and looking back? It's common for them to stop often and either lick something or turn their head to look back or upward.

LaughingBuddha

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I'm sure she is looking at her leg. I've just opened her Viv doors so when she starts exploring and stops too look at it I'll take a photo

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
OK, I'll be happy to take a look. A video would be helpful too if the issue is happening during movement.

LaughingBuddha

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hi, sorry I took so long to reply my internet has been down the past few days. She is no longer looking back at her leg. But she hasn't left her Viv since the 30th. New years eve she was black bearding all day and didn't eat. She started eating the next day and has lightened back up. Although she's still a bit grumpy. I'm guessing it was some bad internal bruising as she is moving fine now, just not putting weight on her leg when she rests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom