Bearded dragon is difficult to feed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zelphos

I've bought Dubai roaches, super worms, crickets, butter worms ect and he will not go after any of them, when i first got him he wouldnt eat so I got worried and would hand feed him, now he's so spoiled he won't eat on his own if I leave food in his tank. he will only eat greens and fruit, won't even eat the greens unless there is baby food on them, the green pea kind. He's in a 4 ft long by 2ft tall and 2ft wide built enclosure with foam background I made from the tips on here, there's a platform with stairs leading up to it that is about 7 inches from a reptisun 10.0 36 inch long bulb, and 2 heat lamps. He is nice and big but I need to break him from me feeding him and him eating on his own that's why I've tried all these insects to put in with greens and fruit but he won't touch it, I'm in college and its just a pain to hold foodup to his mouth everyday, he's so lazy he won't even stick his tongue out to grab it, instead he opens his mouth waiting for me to stick it in his mouth a little bit then he pulls it in >.> please does anyone have any tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom