Bearded dragon eats SPECIFIC superworms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurohoshimaru

Hi,

I have a bearded dragon, she's about 6 months old, I had her since she was 2 months old.
One day, she suddenly stopped eating completely. She went from about 4-5 worms 2x per day to about 1 worm every other day or so. This happened overnight with absolutely no change in the setting, schedule or anything else.

After trying a couple of things, I found a new way to get her to eat. She is not only picky about the type of food she eats but also the very specific insect she eats.

She has been like this since I had her. Usually she refuses the worm that is the closest to her. She usually picks the one that is as far and behind her. Actually I should say instead that she picks the one that is behind her and far away because it seems like picking a worm that is behind her comes before picking one that is far away.

My guess is that she doesn't want to eat to close to me but at the same time I don't see any change in her eating habits depending on if I am present or not (by keeping track of the food in the tank).

She also tends to eat when someone suddenly walks into the room as if she suddenly got afraid that someone would steal her superworms.

Finally, the most important thing is that there are enough superworms for her. She's mindful about her manners and worries that eating all the worms in the tank will give her a bad image. she will never eat all the superworms. even if there is food in the tank, I need to add a few other ones and then she will eat until there are only few left. she won't touch them until I add other ones.

Anyone dealing with very picky dragons like that?

Thanks!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's good that she stops when she is full. As far as the order in which she eats them... :dontknow: They all have their preferences and quirks.

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
It’s okay, many animals are picky about food. my cockatiel (Kiwi) refuses to eat the orange pellets in her preem (cockatiels can eat pellets) and the banana shaped ones but she will eat the red ones and maybe some green ones. You know how fruity pebbles and trix cereal are all the same flavor even though they are different colored? Yeah, same thing for cockatiel food. Kiwi is a strange bird. ?

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
For context, this is what preem is:
full

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thuexedulichthailan
Top Bottom