Bearded Dragon Doesn’t Seem to be growing anymore , help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jachin

Hello I purchased a Beardie dragon a while back (roughly 6 months ago) and according to the breeder she was a year old so she is a year and a half now. Again that’s a rough estimation who knows if the breeder was lying or not . She was 16 inches when I got her and now she is still 16 inches . She is a German giant , according to the breeder of course . And she isn’t pure but she has German giant blood in her. THat means she should be a lot bigger then she is now, I have the proper uvb setup, and good basking temps . She is well fed and has a big pooch , but she doesn’t seem to get wider and she has never and I mean never shed her back ever since I got her which is a big issue. I really don’t know what I’m doing wrong I’m very lost . She is fed Collard greens , and fed superworms all the time . I started my own Dubai colony so I can feed her that when the babies grow up. Please can someone tell me if this is normal or not, I’ll send somebody pictures of before and after if that helps

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, it sounds like you have a small but perfectly healthy beardie. I'll say right off the bat that some breeders claim G.Giant lines but it can't be proven, and at most it would be diluted lines. Don't worry that it's small, there are always going to be some smaller dragons when the female produces 3-6 clutches per year with over 20-30 eggs per clutch. Out of all those babies, some are going to be on the smaller side.

And just like the tallest or most muscular humans don't equate to being the healthiest or living the longest, neither is it so with many animals including beardies. You're doing nothing wrong, this is just a small dragon, Be happy that she's healthy . :)

Here's how to post pics :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload them

Jachin

Original Poster
Thanks so much thats the most helpful comment I’ve ever had, I was also sturggling to upload pictures haha. Here’s some pictures of her !
99902-7074262309.jpg
99902-2269634721.jpg
99902-1005886016.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
She not only looks great, but actually quite fabulous ! Beautiful dragon, he is a picture of health. :)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I absolutely agree! :D
At her age, she could technically grow in length more & fill out. However, at the moment she
is a beautiful girl for sure, nice & colorful, with a nice beardie belly. I wouldn't worry about her
size. She looks quite healthy to me, also.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom