Bearded dragon biting me in his sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone. My bearded dragon Zym is biting me in his sleep and I dont know why. The first time he was asleep on my chest and started trying to eat my shirt. He was still asleep even when i pulled him away. (gently of course.) tonight though he got ahold of my neck. Luckily since he is a baby still he didnt break the skin, my skin is just raised up a bit. (I washed it off anyways though) I didnt want to hurt him so my husband helped get him off of my neck. It is really freaking me out. When i first brought him home he would sleep on my chest while i watched tv and he was fine. Recently though he has been biting and i dont know why. If someone could help me figure this out i would highly appreciate it. By the way, he eats three times a day. I dont keep count on how many crickets he eats, he eats until hes full. He also has lettuce throughout the day and water. He goes potty everyday as well. Nothing seems wrong. Just not sure why he recently started biting me. Please help. Thank you.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please no more lettuce -- here is a website for nutrition
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html kale is good to feed as a staple feeder
I would put him back in his tank when he is going to sleep -- I dont know why he would be biting unless he is dreaming about food --- but the lettuce your feeding has NO nutritional value unless its romaine lettuce --- please look at the nutrition website and go from there - also salads should be fed every morning before the staple feeder - you can add super worms or butter worms horn worms etc as salad toppers to get him to the food bowl but limit the number to like 1-3 and add them so he sees you do this -- you can also feed BSFL as salad toppers as well -- and feed as many as you want as they are a good staple feeder as well order large as they are small do not dust w / calcium -- if you need websites for any of these feeders worms etc please ask
Karrie

Wolfverliebt

Original Poster
Thank you everyone for your replies. Also i will definitely get them some kale and salad toppers. I didnt realize they needed veggies first i will definitely work on that as well. I read somewhere that veggies were to constantly be in the tank so thats what i have been doing. I also didnt know they could dream about eating haha. Thank you once again for your replies i highly appreciate it. ☺️

Wolfverliebt

Original Poster
KarrieRee":pvbjl7w4 said:
Please no more lettuce -- here is a website for nutrition
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html kale is good to feed as a staple feeder
I would put him back in his tank when he is going to sleep -- I dont know why he would be biting unless he is dreaming about food --- but the lettuce your feeding has NO nutritional value unless its romaine lettuce --- please look at the nutrition website and go from there - also salads should be fed every morning before the staple feeder - you can add super worms or butter worms horn worms etc as salad toppers to get him to the food bowl but limit the number to like 1-3 and add them so he sees you do this -- you can also feed BSFL as salad toppers as well -- and feed as many as you want as they are a good staple feeder as well order large as they are small do not dust w / calcium -- if you need websites for any of these feeders worms etc please ask
Karrie
yes please for the websites. Im still a little unsure of what they eat, since theyre my first beardies, and would love to give them a range of food rather than every single day just crickets and romaine lettuce. Thank you very much.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Worms can be added to his salads-- check out the website for that---- get him some dubias
www.dubiasroaches.com they are out of Kansas and good service- I would get him some horn worms they are a good hydrating worm they grow fast so order small amounts- super worms medium size they also have butter worms too but are out--- you can get him some nutri grubs also known as BSFL another staple feeder order large as they are small and a good salad topper feed as many as you want don't dust them - easy to keep in the container they come in and they will keep on your counter for 2 weeks them the turn to a fly and dragons will eat them too- you can order them from here as well www.symtonbsf.com
Silkworms- are another good staple feeder but everyone is out now
www.reptilianarts.com they have by the cup w/ food or bulk if and when you can order them if you get bulk order food too you will need to feed them and clean the container out every day- www.mulberryfarms.com and www.coastisilkworms.com
I would keep checking these websites and please look at the nutrition website
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom