Bearded dragon attacked by slightly bigger bearded dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

rvreptiles

We put our juvie in with our little bit smaller bearded dragon and she bit him in the face. She was only a little bit bigger and we put her in there to brighten her up. there was 3 other smaller dragons in there and she only attacked him. she had him by the face. it has been 2 hours and he is still breathing normal. it is 10 pm here and now herp vet is open. is there anything i can do for him. we have him seperated him into a small critter by himself and he is still breathing but won't move his head.

chadwick757

Hatchling Member
That depends on the injury. Uploading some pictures would help. Is he bleeding? Does he have a separate enclosure with proper lighting ect? were the other dragons also separated? If not you need to separate them ASAP. Bearded dragons are solitary reptiles ie. they don't live together and get along in groups. Pics and a better description of the injury would be needed for specific instructions. Try to rinse the wound and keep it clean if it broke the skin.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Sorry that your smaller dragon got bitten by the larger one. We do not advise housing a smaller dragon with a larger dragon as it almost always ends in tragedy.
The only thing you can do for now until you get him to the vet is to keep him comfortable in his little incubator tank. Try to keep his tank around 75-80 overnight. Is he responsive at all to you?
Are there any obvious bite mark imprints on his head area that you can see? If there is any marks that the skin was broken you will need to keep it clean & you can apply antibiotic ointment to that area.
You mentioned that his breathing is normal, that is a good sign.
Let us know how things are going with him tomorrow.

Tracie

chancellor91

Juvie Member
your dragons need to really be in seperate tanks to be honest, and this wont happen, but its okay we all learn the hard way :banghead: just be carful apaerently you got some dominate lil beardies lol

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
How is your dragon doing this evening? Were you able to get him to a vet today? I'm sorry this happened to you, we all make mistakes. Don't kick yourself. I really would like to know if he's o.k.

Pleaides

Juvie Member
sorry for chiming in a bit too late as rvreptiles hasnt replied but i didnt think they were housed together in the first place, the first post stated they put the slightly bigger one in with the smaller 3 to brighten up the larger one, as the owners obviously thought she was unhappy and wanted company of others. :dontknow: :dontknow:

rvreptiles: any updates on how your babies doing? pretty please...

edit: hmm never mind me it could be that they were planning to house them together to give the larger female some company or it was a temporary thing just to brighten up the female for a bit...either way im speculating now, i do apologise... *goes back into corner*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom