Bearded done lost his mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuzz

My 2 year old bearded dragon Oblina has never been a problem. I have had him since he was a wee lil chap month are two old he has always been my good dragon(sittin on the couch,running around the house,climing up to look out the window)Well sunday I cleaned his cage an he got mad showed his beard an puff up a little then when I put hes stuff back in I gave him a nice big rasberry thought we were fine. I came home yesterday thought well I'm going to get him out let him run around alittle.Just as i was picking him up as I cleared the top of his tank he went off was able to swing around bit my thum an made a leep to the floor then at this point he was super mad .He looked up at me with his tail stright up in the air mouth wide open beard an chest black then it happen!!! :shock: the attack was on lil dude come after me like he done opened up a can of whip### ! I tried to do the best I could an not laugh but it was too late I couldn't stop as I backed up he was right there just a hissing.I finally got him back in tank let him clam down about an hour went to check on him soon as I walked in he ran right in the side of the tank mad again. I let him be let him calm down agian got a few wax worms for him he ate those no problem then gave him a few roaches no problem.Now he still mad at me but not as black.Has anyone else had this problem? I have never had this behavor with any of my other dragons.Any one know what would cause him to do that? Guess I have to start working with him a little every day tel he stops being agressive!Thanks

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Honestly, beardies can train us better than we can train them. There is a possibility he saw the reaction he got last time he puffed up and thought... wait a minute... ima get me some attention and treats!

Ruben was a devil for this. This was his beard to get picked up and spoilt:
DSC00253.jpg

Alternatively a strange smell or action could have spooked him. As well as catching sight of another beardie. A bit of one on one time should stop the sulks :]

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
I know I shouldn't laugh but, great story, funny to me as well. As my beardie is still a baby I haven't ever experienced anything to these lines but still.. sorry funny to me. :)

boxerLvr

Is it bad I have a very good mental image of an adult running away from a ferocious dragon laughing as the beardie tries to show who's tough? loll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom