Beard Puffing :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you lift my Bearded Dragon he seems to breathe harder and puff his beard in and out untill you set him down. He doesn't whip around or bite he just seems nervous. I was wondering if this could become a problem? I know that the puff their beards out when threatend but does in and out puffing mean something diffrent? ( He is about eight months old.)

ziggy23

Gray-bearded Member
Sometimes they do it to stretch, and with young ones sometimes just to do it. It's like a new trick they learned.

Unless they keep it out, go black and open their mouths, then you don't need to worry.

TheMelonNote

Original Poster
ziggy23":j8i2l9cc said:
Sometimes they do it to stretch, and with young ones sometimes just to do it. It's like a new trick they learned.

Unless they keep it out, go black and open their mouths, then you don't need to worry.
He seems to do the in and out puffing when he's higher up in the air.
Is he afriad of heights or something?

Yeah my beardie used to puff out at me and then I started paying attention to what might be setting him off...I used to lay him on my arm as I moved him around and I realized that he didn't like it because if I lowered or raised my arm it freaked him out! so now he grips vertically on my shirt...it probably just depends on the lizard...we figured out too that we weren't turning off his lights early enough and he wasn't getting enough undestrubed "night time" so he would be cranky in the morning...puffing up then but not later in the day...so we just turned his light off earlier...just pay attention to what you are doing and maybe switch some things around....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom