Beard puffing in and out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes my beardie will puff out his beard then suck it back in then puff it back out. He will do this repeatedly and very fast for about 30 seconds pr so then he will stop. He only does it every now and then and if he sees me looking at him he immediately stops. It's kinda funny. Jay wondering if anybody knows why he would be doing this?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They do that for various reasons. If it's quick like that, it's likely just "HEY! Look what I figured out how to do!". It can also be done as something similar to burping. In juveniles it seems to surprise them more than us. If it's done with the mouth open and for a while it can be a "back off!" but that doesn't sound like the case here.

Stolzieren

Hatchling Member
my beardie puffs her beard for a bit on most days, I think she's just stretching or something like that because she doesn't seem frightened or upset in any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thuexedulichthailan
Top Bottom