Beard not shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
Hello everyone!

Gizmo is three years old, and have never been one to shed all at once, so at first i wasn't too worried. In November her head when light and she shed most of it, but not her beard. Anywho she hasn't bruminated this year, a little lazy perhaps but is still eating etc. Her beard is still the light colour it goes before a shed, and it doesn't want to come off. I have tried keeping it moist in the bath, giving it a good scrub with her soft toothbrush, even the cocca butter that someone recommended a few months ago. She like the smell but no shed!

It begging to get stiff now, she is not showing signs of stress and she always has a creamy beard but im just getting worried that its been so long now!

Any ideas or advise is very welcome!

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Is Gizmo a good salad eater? I find that when mine slow down on the salads this is when the sheds take the longest. They need a certain amount of their moisture intake to be oral so that sheds are easier.

Livey

Extreme Poster
i use shedding aid when they are strungling.
its quite good, and usually gets the skin off without taking vital oils or what ever from them
you can buy it in most good pet shops :)

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Barbara, really she hates veggies! She will not eat them, and i have been trying everything for two years now. Sometimes she will eat a good portion of squash if i feed it by hand, but she just wont eat any by herself! I do make sure she gets a bath every day to keep hydrated and all her feeders get gut loaded but thats all i can do, i pull my hair out all of the time! lol She does lick stuff off her nose, so i try every morning, sometimes she does, and sometimes she doesn't.

Livey, my pet shop dosent have it but ill look online, thanks!

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
You could also try some aloe on her beard to see if that helps at all.
Have you tried syringe feeding her water for extra hydration? I do this with my oldest beardie, due to not eating veggies most of the time either. Some of those older beardies can be quite stubborn when it comes to eating their veggies :roll:

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Tell me about it! Sometimes i pop spring green (collards to you guys) in her mouth while she is chewing locusts (and roaches now, eew) but i get the worst stink eye ever and she then refuses live food because she knows what im up to!!

I have tried syringes, but she hates them (i think she remembers the nasty tasting antibiotics from last year, so i just drip some on her nose with my finger, she seems to like that!

On a side now has anyone tried a vibrating food dish? I was really thinking of getting one but wondered what people have found them to be like???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nohupics
Top Bottom