BD eating own feces?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

So my BD poops like normal, but if I don't clean the feces up daily, by the next day the black feces is gone, the urea crystals are left though. I was wondering if anyone has ever observed or experienced their BD eating their own feces?

Thanks.
-Rich

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Ummm, you really should be cleaning up the poops as soon as possible. By leaving them in the tank with your beardie could re-contaminate him if he has parasites - even if he isn't eating them. If there a reason why you aren't cleaning up the poops on a daily basis?

What type of substrate are you using? Tile? Paper towels? Sand? If it's sand, it might be getting covered up.

Depending on how hydrated your beardie is, at times their poop could be very soft and would dry up to almost nothing if left under the heat for long periods of time.

NY Rocking Chairs

Original Poster
Usually by the time I get home there is nothing left of the poop but little black specks next to the urea crystals. So usually I don't even see the poop. Right now, just paper towels for substrate, she is only 5 months old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sohaiko
Top Bottom