Baytril side effects

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
The mouth looks much better ! The honey is doing wonders and if that scab is only on the outside it should do the trick. :) I can't read all the ingredients but if the yogurt is non dairy it will be fine !

NuggetsMama

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Okay phew ! I’m just about to give him a little bath and wipe off the old honey and add a new layer & see if he’ll take some water and a bit of yogurt . He’s still refusing bugs & greens today. But is crawling up and down his basking stick and is holding his head up more it seems

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

The mouth does look better, & it sounds like he is feeling more energetic, too.
As long as it does not have any dairy then it will be fine to use.
I will PM you for a link to where you can purchase the benebac powder, online, with fast
shipping.

Keep us posted on him.

Tracie

NuggetsMama

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Two more days of the antibiotic thank god ! Nug has only eaten once since starting it. Though he looks much better, he’s still pretty crusty around his eyes and mouth and bleeds a little bit☹️ I got him a shorter basking log because I’m starting to think him being so close to the bulb was causing more damage. The more it heals, the more it looks like stuck shed in his eye that just gets irritated. I’m still using the honey which seems to help the he dried up skin fall away, but it’s sticking him together quite a bit. I’m thinking I’ll have to help Nug shed in the future, any suggestions on these creams to help him instead of the honey ?

107445-8128030006.jpg

107445-5730532808.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I'm glad you adjusted the light placement for him. Hopefully that will help out.
Are you also using saline solution to help wash out his eyes too?
Let me know if you have more questions on the creams. How is his appetite doing?

Tracie

NuggetsMama

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I have been using reprisals water poured over his shut eye to clean it out with a cotton swab. I’m wondering which of those creams would be best for him for me to order

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
When you use the honey do you water it down ? That way it's not as sticky. At this point you can try just rinsing his eyes and see if that does the trick.

NuggetsMama

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
These are from this evening. I was able to wipe away some stuck shed / scab around his eye and mouth. You can see in the photos on his “good side” there does seem to be a piece of something in that eye as well but it doesn’t bother him like the right side does. After removing it he’s much more active and is opening both eyes normally now. You guys think I should leave it dry out as is or keep up with the honey ? I have been watering it down a bit

107445-1738943616.jpg

107445-9152115020.jpg

107445-1207339457.jpg

107445-6165888705.jpg

107445-386199528.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Wow, he is starting to look better.
You could try the honey a few more days until he is done with the antibiotics, then maybe give
him a break from it all for several days to see how he does on that.
I'm glad to hear that he seems to be a bit more active & has been opening his eyes more, too.
Is he interested in eating also?

Tracie

NuggetsMama

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
He wouldn’t eat at all yesterday , he’s eaten twice since starting the medication, last time being 2 days ago he had a few horn worms. Today should have been his last day of antibiotic treatment but we gave the last of the bottle last night .. seems it evaporates & with only .07ml dose that makes a difference. Hopefully ending a day early doesn’t cause too much issue

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Yeah, the antibiotics really do affect their appetites!
How long was he on the baytril? A day or two wont hurt. How are his symptoms though.
is his breathing better?
Keep us posted on him.

Tracie

NuggetsMama

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Sorry for the two threads I’m new to forums lol. He was in baytril twice a day for a Total of 13 days. His breathing was fine until the last few days I noticed some belly breathing . Hoping it is a sign of stress and not that the infection moved to his lungs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mangomom
Top Bottom