Baytril dosage

Status
Not open for further replies.

dobiegil2000

Hatchling Member
Does anyone know the proper dosage for baytril. Reggie has a RI as I suspected and the vet put him on this. He weighs 816 grams and is on .35 cc twice a day. The strength of the baytril is 22.7 and he will be on it for 5 days.

I am asking this because he has a black beard, and I am wondering if he is reacting to the meds.

Thanks,
Robin :(

EDITED: He started to shed after his bath, so I think the black beard is due to shedding. Poor guy :(

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Robin,

So sorry your post got missed. Did you already start the Baytril?
Well, that particular dosage is correct for the 22.75% concentration. He started him on 10mg/kg. Personally, if it is not a severe respiratory infection, I would have started him at a 5mg/kg, which would be half of that dosage he is at now.
That may be too much for him.
Please make sure he is kept very well hyrated as this med is highly nephrotoxic!

Tracie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Robin,

Ok, great. How is he doing after the round of medication? Does he get another round?

Tracie

dobiegil2000

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
No other round of medications, and he seems to be doing well. The only thing I notice that is different is an occasional blackbeard. I think he sees his reflection on the glass. When I handle him, his beard returns to normal color. He is active and eating like usual.

Thanks again,
Robin

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Robin,

Ok, great! I am happy to hear he is doing well & is not going to be going on the medication again.
He probably is blackbearding his own reflection, especially if he is older than 6 months old. They sure get aggressive just seeing themselves, don't they? :D
I am glad to hear he is back to normal.

Tracie

dobiegil2000

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yah, he sure is aggressive. He will head bob if he sees himself in the mirror. I have to post a picture of him and Toby. The are cuties. Now if I could get my husband to see this. :roll:

Robin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom